?
Report 12 years ago
dont do it.
graveyarddreams
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Goth is associated with a lot of things, the 'fashion' is not always necessary. So, if you want to call yourself a goth because you dress like how they are often portrayed in mainstream media, then most likely you will be branded and a poser.
If you like the gothic look, then there's no reason why you shouldn't look gothic. To call yourself a goth may be a different matter though.
Good luck anyway .
samba
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by hippieglitter)
Hey everyone, I am thinking of going Goth but i don't know if i'd be very good at it. I have so many different styles i like i want to settle on one for a bit. What kinda of things are essential for proper Goth style do i really need to wear black and white makeup, and dye my hair (cos i'm blonde) and give up pink?
May I punch you please?
seanaldo123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
oh my goodness. I beg u - do not become a goth (especially for those ridiculous reasons). Everytime i see one, a little bit of sick comes up into my mouth.
FyreFight
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
My personal experience of goths is that they smell. Not saying anyone here does - but a lot of the ones on the train have. Just thought you ought to know!
Carl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
HELLO? This thread is nearly six months old :hmmm:
RogueTrader
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by hippieglitter)
Hey everyone, I am thinking of going Goth but i don't know if i'd be very good at it. I have so many different styles i like i want to settle on one for a bit. What kinda of things are essential for proper Goth style do i really need to wear black and white makeup, and dye my hair (cos i'm blonde) and give up pink?
Goths are a joke. Do you like being laughed at or something?
girl afraid
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Why on earth has this thread been dug up? o_0
hippieglitter
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I was thinking the same thing, especially as i gave up on that idea months ago as you can probably tell from my new username.
RogueTrader
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
^^ So you have gone from Goth to Hippie. Big improvement then....
SketchyCanvas~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by RogueTrader)
^^ So you have gone from Goth to Hippie. Big improvement then....
Hippies are cool #hippie#
Plodman
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Why not just be you.
Elements
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by SketchyCanvas)
Hippies are cool #hippie#
:dito: ;thumbsup;
robinc
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
sweet mother of god.
Carl
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
*yay* for resurrecting old threads!
g2da3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
why would you go goth for haha how sad... jokeing nah go for what you want to be if its in you that you init No body can tell you nothing
Mad Vlad
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by robinc)
sweet mother of god.
Oh ffs, let the dead threads rest!
Porridge
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Im sorry - but you just dont decided one day to become something.

I had a friend like that once - complete girlie girl - loved everything pink and fluffy and strawberry-like and once a few of the people in my year started moving on to indie music and rock and away from the pop she loved so much - she decided to "go greb"

and when she went greb - she took it just a tiny bit too far - because she thought it would make her fit in. Unfortunately. Everyone knew she was being fake and she got shunned pretty badly until she went back to herself.

Don't force yourself to become something that you're not - you may think that becoming a goth is your natural inclination. However, the fact that you have referred to it as going goth suggests your doing it for another reason.

Just be yourself.
_:_Emo_Cheerleader_:_
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I tried going on one specific style once - I couldn't do it for longer than a month or two!

ATM, my dress sense is a mix of vaguely alternative style (baggy trousers included), conservative jeans and T-shirt, folk, sparkles and *cough* skimpy, with a couple of emo touches thrown in for good measure.

IMO, no point pigeonholing yourself when you don't need to!
colonel_sanders
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
sssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh never mind, this thread doesn't really exist.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (60)
30.3%
No - I got the required grades (115)
58.08%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
11.62%

Watched Threads