Turn on thread page Beta

Going Goth watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    LOL are you really a hippie now? What do you wear?

ReputationRep:
    I got sick of the neg rep i got from this thread, now i just do/wear whatever i want.

ReputationRep:
    Awww that's silly to neg rep you over a fashion question. But do you wear a mix of clothes now or a certain style?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IzzyWizzy)
    Awww that's silly to neg rep you over a fashion question. But do you wear a mix of clothes now or a certain style?
    like i said whatever i want so it could be gothy one day, hippy another etc.

ReputationRep:
    you can't just become goth... i'm a bit gothy(more emo) well thats what people say but just go with the flow be yourself... you don't need to follow trends

ReputationRep:
    That really sucks. Personally, I just wear whatever - some days I can look pretty gothy, other days i look like a metrosexual indie. It depends on what I can be arsed wearing. What a joke, though - people giving you neg rep for some musings about subculture fashion. ^o)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robinc)
    sweet mother of god.
    I think that should be sweet mother of goth.

ReputationRep:
    i like the gay fetish bondage look

ReputationRep:
    I look like a bum. Every time I try to go shopping I just see hideous clubbing type tops covered in ****e loads of glitter or daft jeans that would only look decent on a beanpole. I can never find anything I like so I just stick to my old jeans, whatever top I dig out and my Converse.

I need to get me some help. I don't want to following any certain trend, I just need something new to wear.

ReputationRep:
    imj the same, and now ive put on weight nothing looks nice on me anymore. gah this is why o hate fashion, its always ****

ReputationRep:
    PLEASE NOTE THESE ARE MY OPINIONS ONLY.

OP female goths are the sexiest women in the world IF its done right, a lot depends on your figure and general bearing (not everyone can pull off goth)

For trad goth without looking like morticia adams then go for long flowing velvet lace dresses in pretty much whatever colour you wish, though purple, dark red and dark green look very good. You do need a certain body frame though, tall and slim with a decent bust is the best IMO. If your looking for the vampire look (which most trad goth is) then you want pale make up but not excessive, a pale foundation (never ever ever white) with non plastered on eye makeup (liner and powder) use makeup which emphasises your eye colour. Unless you have thin lips avoid black lipstick, if you have a full mouth then black just emphasises too much. A deep red works great on pale foundation. Be careful with makeup though. For trad goth thier are loads of stores online for the lady (never much for men which sucks) ironically ive seen some lovely dresses on fancy dress sites. Take a look at the lead singer of nightwish tarja turunen for some good examples of goth trad dresses Trad goth IMO is the nicest look though the leather look also works very well on this kind of figure. As for your hair it does not need to be dyed black or any colour, blonde on trad goth looks very good, ideally it needs to be long and straight either framing the face or tied back ina pony tail, a case of less is more

The leather look is simply as it implies, its the more bdsm look than anything (minus the gimp mask), tight trousers, high heels a tight corset style top, Again a slim figure with a large bust achieves this look very well, however i have known more heavy set ladies also achieve a good leather look, providing you dont have bulges sticking out,figure hugging leather is like spandex its very unforgiving. THe makeup cna be subtle or extreme or somewhere in between but again dont make the makeup take away from the look itself. Dull leather works well for this look but try not to go for too much shiny PVC, making yourself look like an oil slick does not give a good impression unless your

going for the industrial look. Im not a huge fan of this image but it depends on your own POV. It heavy on the shiny and metal. Lots of padlocks and chains make up the clothing. Industrial is more body kind, the clothes do not have to be tight fitting so if you are self concious (and having a goth fashion sense that is not something you need as a chrachter trait) you can do this look. Makeup can be as gentle or as extreme as you wish, Hair in this case should be in some wierd and wonderful style.

Electro is the most wonderful and wierd look going in the goth world though its also the most expensive. body shape does not come into it.
    Only one word best suits electro and thats flamboyant, its very bright and colourful clothing worn over a black underlayer. It has heavy accessories but its most impressive feature is the colours. Electro uses a lot of neon. Its heavy on glowstick and floresent things especially those that show up strongly under an ultra violet light so look great in a rave. Any kind of clothing goes go this look, its the accessories that make the look. Pink, yellow, blue, green, red, purple, orange all are thrown together ina myriad of colours that is striking, a good colour sense is essential but the main is that it has to be bright with plenty of flashy bits. The hair makeup is the most extreme look at 80's glam bands for some ideas, ultra violet contact lenses look stunning along with it. A more toned down version of this is

the cyber goth image. Cyber goth is where you look like some futuristic cross between a halogen bulb and Robocop. Lots of plates and tinfoil style skirts. Pipes and tubing complete this look along with flashy lights. Silver and black is the main norm for this look Make up is optional especailyl with right kind of mask (i once knew a guy at my local goth club who had a face plate made ala kano from mortal kombat complete with glowing blue eye piece) Hair defiently has to be crazy for this image. If all these sound too extreme for you then thier is

the glam goth look is the all rounder, you can mix and match any style and pull it off, try high heeled boots with fish nets and short leather skirt with a flowing trad goth top and wacky make up. Its a mix and match style. It can be as tame or as wild as you want. Glam goth has no rules. As such its one of the hardest to identify with and keeps people guessing exactly which "style" youve gone for.

ReputationRep:
    woohoo I love this thread. It never goes away

ReputationRep:
    Especially since she's already stated that she got bored and is just dressing how she wants now! It's like a vampire, sucking the lifeblood out of the TSR users who want it put to rest. Or maybe a zombie. Someone needs to destroy the brain of the thread, otherwise it'll just keep coming back.

ReputationRep:
    :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Why not turn this into a sticky?!

ReputationRep:
    Oh God, here we go again. Why won't this thread leave me alone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheesyBeans)
    I look like a bum. Every time I try to go shopping I just see hideous clubbing type tops covered in ****e loads of glitter or daft jeans that would only look decent on a beanpole. I can never find anything I like so I just stick to my old jeans, whatever top I dig out and my Converse.

I need to get me some help. I don't want to following any certain trend, I just need something new to wear.
    Hey!

I hate most fashion these days - if you're on the broad side, why not try a nice A line skirt, wrap top and kitten heels/flats? Really comfy and looks great!

ReputationRep:
    Just ban all pastel colours and develop a liking for lace, that would be my advice.

ReputationRep:
    Why was this resurrected??

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: i love this thread. Its the zombie thread w00000000

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.