rogue4ever
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi i have received offers from both gcu and uws for the web systems development course and i dont want which one is better.They both have very appealing program but i am thinking if like in west of scotland is cheaper that glasgow and if its worth it,any suggestions?
Miss Trololol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by rogue4ever)
Hi i have received offers from both gcu and uws for the web systems development course and i dont want which one is better.They both have very appealing program but i am thinking if like in west of scotland is cheaper that glasgow and if its worth it,any suggestions?
Hey there. I got offers from them both as well for Psychology. From what I've gathered, GCU seems to have a better reputation that UWS. If I were you, I would visit both campuses and see which one you prefer, maybe do some research for both areas regarding rent or expenses.
rogue4ever
Rep:
?
I'm from Greece so it a bit hard to visit both of them to see the facilities etc thats why i am researching to find more information about them both
Miss Trololol
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by rogue4ever)
I'm from Greece so it a bit hard to visit both of them to see the facilities etc thats why i am researching to find more information about them both
Ah right I see ^__^ My bad.

Well, information on UWS is almost impossible to find (Well, I found it was anyway) I spent a long time trying to find out what the accommodation was like standard-wise and what the course content was exactly and I didn't seem to get very far with either. The website for UWS was a little vague really :/

Caley is right in the center of Glasgow, which is an added bonus since it's close to train stations and buses. Plus the airport isn't too far away either. Glasgow is a very tourist/student friendly city as well.

UWS has four separate campuses in Paisley, Ayr, Dumfries and Hamilton. Do you know which Campus you would be studying at?
rogue4ever
Rep:
?
Me too i cant find much about UWS :/ .I will be studying at Paisley campus
Miss Trololol
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1726455

This is a really good thread about Caley. It has some really useful information in it, such as what Glasgow is like as a city and how modern the university is. The Halls of residents look quite since as well, nicer than some I have seen and the rent isn't too bad either. As an international students, you'll have a good chance of getting in. Academically, Caley is viewed to be better since the graduate rate and student satisfaction rate are considerably higher (according to www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk)

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...st_of_Scotland

The lack of information for UWS actually put me off them a little. I can't really comment on Paisley itself since I've never been there (I live in a little town a couple of hours drive from Glasgow) The University itself is smaller than Caley, which would be quite good if you don't like massive classes and getting lost in crowds of people. I haven't seen any photographs of what the halls are like so I can't comment on them.

I'm a little bias because Caley is where I'm going this year but it's been my first choice for a while now.
rogue4ever
Rep:
?
Nice one Thanks for the help man....Looks like i am gonna choose Caley after all.I have an offer from Edinburgh also but i dont really likethe course programme
Miss Trololol
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No problem ^__^ I hope I've helped even a little. Maybe I'll see you at Caley in September.

Edinburgh is a lovely city, really rich with culture and history but I found it's quite expensive to live in, maybe one of the most expensive cities in Scotland :/
Foghorn Leghorn
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Miss Trololol)
No problem ^__^ I hope I've helped even a little. Maybe I'll see you at Caley in September.

Edinburgh is a lovely city, really rich with culture and history but I found it's quite expensive to live in, problem one of the most expensive cities in Scotland :/
Pretty sure according to the mercer index glasgow is dearer.
Miss Trololol
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Foghorn Leghorn)
Pretty sure according to the mercer index glasgow is dearer.
Call me crazy but I've never trust surveys and index pages like that. Personally, I've always found Edinburgh more expensive :/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (58)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (19)
21.84%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.49%

Watched Threads