Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got a letter the other day from Bangor saying i'de got in, but when i went to check track it wasn't there (still said sent). It's been about 2 weeks should i be worried?

ReputationRep:
    No need to be worried, it's happened to me too, and some of my mates so its quite common.

ReputationRep:
    no don't worry, sometimes they take ages

if you're really worried you can always ring, Bangor are really friendly

ReputationRep:
    When I got a letter from Sussex to say they'd made me an offer, they made a point of saying 'specific details will be put onto UCAS track in the next few weeks.'

So I wouldn't worry.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing to worry about, it's relatively common.

Personally I received all my offers on Track first, after which the UCAS letters and individual university confirmation letters followed.

ReputationRep:
    ye i got an offer from manchester by post in october and dint hear from them on track till feb.

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, I got two offers for two courses yesterday in the mail- letters were dated 15 February, but checked this AM and UCAS Track still says "sent". I'm not worried about it, I'm just happy. Best of luck to you all'
    Dis

ReputationRep:
    UCAS are useless.

For each of my six offers, it took UCAS roughly 3 weeks (after the Uni'd told me) to inform me of the offer. Their letters go something like this ...

"Dear Mr Hawkins,
    Here at UCAS, we have far too much paper. As such, we're sending you this letter to confirm your being offered a place at [university]. We know full well that the individual university will inform you, and that you will be informed via track, but we thought we'd send you a letter none-the-less. The forestry industry doesn't support itself you know.

However, we at UCAS also have too much time. As such, we passed this letter around the office a few hundred times, and then it was sent through several filing cabinets, so that it would reach you three weeks after the universities had informed you of the offer.

Remember, it really does cost £10 to send an electronic form to six email addresses.

Yours lovingly,
    UCAS"

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend got a offer letter direct from the University of Hertfordshire in late January- it still hasn't updated on Track, despite him phoning UCAS and Hertfordshire about 2 weeks ago. In that phone call, Hertfordshire told him that they hadn't sent the offer to UCAS accidentally-they said they'd sent it while he was on the phone, and it should be updated by UCAS by the end of the day. It wasn't- and as you probably know, UCAS are impossible to get hold of at the best of times, so he's left waiting it out.

Herts is his last decision to be updated, and it's one of the unis he is seriously considering as Firm as well, but as he doesn't know the conditions of the offer and it hasn't updated, he can't confirm his choices!

Stupid UCAS.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend got a offer letter direct from the University of Hertfordshire in late January- it still hasn't updated on Track, despite him phoning UCAS and Hertfordshire about 2 weeks ago. In that phone call, Hertfordshire told him that they hadn't sent the offer to UCAS accidentally-they said they'd sent it while he was on the phone, and it should be updated by UCAS by the end of the day. It wasn't- and as you probably know, UCAS are impossible to get hold of at the best of times, so he's left waiting it out.

Herts is his last decision to be updated, and it's one of the unis he is seriously considering as Firm as well, but as he doesn't know the conditions of the offer and it hasn't updated, he can't confirm his choices!

Stupid UCAS.

ReputationRep:
    I believe UCAS only updates once they receive the information from the unis and it is done directly, so that it isn't UCAS's fault, but that of the universities.

ReputationRep:
    UCL offer only came on my track literally about 2months after I recieved a offer letter from them.

ReputationRep:
    Haha - Bristol updated my offer status through Track some 9 weeks after they emailed me to say I had a place - and some 4 months after I'd applied...

So yeah, two weeks is nothing - as long as you've received an email or letter direct from the university, then you have a place.

ReputationRep:
    update and a bit of a rant - they still havn't updated it for bangor but i have all of my other offers in so basically i can't accept a place anywhere until they've updated it! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr r......

ReputationRep:
    mine happened the opposite way- got on offer on track before i got a letter from the uni- i think the system is a bit crappy tho- too many holes and probs with it- causes loads of stress and makes you want to throw your computer at the wall and stamp on it in a temper!!!!!:eek:

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.