Chocolate!! Watch

Megalomaniac _Student
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Sorry about the title just wanted to get your attention.

I have a question to ask about applying for accommodation. As yet, I have not received replies from all of my universities (still waiting for 1 uni's reply), but have been sent information about applying for accommodation at my current favourite choice.

Is it advisable to send away for the accommodation now in order to be in with a chance of getting a place, or do you have to have made a firm acceptance before applying?

Also, when is the accommodation allocated, is it after results come out in August? Or will allocation begin as soon as people begin to apply?

Thanks!
Zebrastripes
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Most uni's don't give out allocations until after results, as obviously a lot of people may not get the grade, go to their firm, etc. It isn't a first come first served, as long as you meet the deadline (depending on their garrentee for accommodation) will get a place.

Disappointed there was no chocolate though.
Axiom
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Megalomaniac _Student
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Aww Thankyou! Sorry Ladydeborah, one day i'll have chocolate for you ( that sounds kinda creepy) Thanks for the advice though.

By the way my friend posted this thread in my name, before some smartass notices that my sig which clearly states I have decided on my unis and I ridiculed. I'm not being dramatic, I've seen it before, and all he did was spell information wrong.............
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (281)
27.6%
No (737)
72.4%

Watched Threads