The Student Room Group

Stuff that annoys you in the gym

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Curls in the squatrack. Not eating oatz.

How many /fit/izens are there in this thread then?
At my Uni gym there are a group Kinesiology guys that hog all the weight machines and make it impossible for anyone to get their work out done. However, when you do manage to steal one away they stare at you in a very rape-y sorta way. Make working seem a bit life threatening.
Reply 22
Girl 1: "Oh my God! That was knackering! What do you wanna do after?"
Girl 2: "Go to McDonalds?"
Girl 1: "Yeah, I'm craving a Big Mac"

Why the hell do you bother?
Original post by The Baron

What is a fitizen?
Reply 24
People that go really fast on bike machines etc on level 1. Then they smirk and think they're better because they're going faster than me, even though I'm on level 15! I get angry :tongue:
Reply 25
Original post by The Baron

You eat oats in the gym, brah?
When people glance sideways at the display on my treadmill and compare it to theirs, then smile smugly when their doing 1 mph more than me, usually on a lower resistance.
Reply 27
I havent joined the gym yet but I do intend to join during my third year of uni. One thing I'm hoping that doesnt happen is people stare at me or laugh at me. I'm not a strong guy and I'm quite short so I'm probably going to start of looking like a weakling.
Reply 28
Seeing a Teacher at the gym I always avoid them. I hate it when I'm running on the treadmill and j get a cramp. Last time as soon as I started runnin I got a cramp and stopped. I looked as if I was physically incapable of running :/
Girls who work out in really skimpy shorts and tight low cut tops who have a go at me when I stare.

Girls who don't work out in really skimpy shorts and tight low cut tops.
I don't mind people taking it easy, but when there are no spare machines and somebody is reading a book while doing their workout it does wind me up.
Original post by Sabertooth
Some stupid woman was sitting on a rowing machine yesterday having a chat with her friend on the other rowing machine. Was there for a good 10 minutes. Pissed me right off as I wanted to use it. :mad: And her friend was doing it on level 2. Wtf is the point?

That's your fault, use communication skills and speak to the woman. Your loss mate.
Original post by mikestraws
Girls who work out in really skimpy shorts and tight low cut tops who have a go at me when I stare.

Girls who don't work out in really skimpy shorts and tight low cut tops.

To be honest mate I've not met one girl that doesn't like guys having a quick glance, staring is creepy, especially if you just stare then go away. If you're going to stare go and start a convo :/
This would amuse rather than annoy me. It's not like I have to go eat with them.

Original post by Tara I
Girl 1: "Oh my God! That was knackering! What do you wanna do after?"
Girl 2: "Go to McDonalds?"
Girl 1: "Yeah, I'm craving a Big Mac"

Why the hell do you bother?
It's not an annoyance, but I'm intimidated by the free-weights section..

It's always full of massive men, and I don't feel like I can go in without already being ripped - plus I'd feel stupid if I went in and then started examining the equipment and fiddling with things, obviously not knowing what to do
Original post by ArsLongaVitaBrevis
What is a fitizen?

I presume it's a denizen, who's fit :tongue:
People who fart in the gym.
People who go literally 1mph on the treadmill.
When I used to go it was a mix of either obese women who would go for about 15 mins then brag about how they're fitter than their mates, or ripped men who would show off and belittle others for not being like them.

I always used to enjoy mocking the latter.
Reply 39
There's only one power rack and Olympic bar at my gym which is a bit annoying.

People who don't tidy up after themselves, by this I mean taking the weight off the bar and putting the plates back on the rack when you're done. Sometimes I spend 10 minutes looking for all the plates I need.

Also the instructors sometimes vacuum during the quieter times which gives the sensation of an obstacle that will trip you when running on the treadmill looking in the mirror.

Quick Reply

Latest