Shouldn't it be 'ma petite'?
Not the last time I 'checked'
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by yawn)

Apart from all that, at least Nazism is anathema to the Irish as much as it is to the rest of the civilised world.
Is that why so many Irish politicians were Nazi sympaphisers during WWII?

President Eamonn DeValera sent condolences to the German government on hearing of the death of Herr Hitler.:eek:
ginger_drunk
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
How can someone who has of an extremist next to his name and a link to a racist website attack skin heads in Ireland?
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by yawn)
I'm still waiting for apologies from you in particular, from Howie with whom I am not best pleased, and most of all, from that duplicititous biker (what's his name?) snake-in-the-grass. :rolleyes:
I'm not apologizing. I'm not wrong. You will simply not accept the possibility that an Irishman can be a vicious racist so dump it on the folks in Ulster; good God you've even gone so far as to speculate that these were Norther Irish come across the border for a picnic. You are very biased and your anti Ulster sentiments are very well known.
bikerx23
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by yawn)
I'm still waiting for apologies from you in particular, from Howie with whom I am not best pleased, and most of all, from that duplicititous biker (what's his name?) snake-in-the-grass. :rolleyes:
Should I apologise for quoting you? I think not - you make a stupid point, we point it out.
As howard has just pointed out, you have actively shown prejudice which is just as bad as those this thread is depicting.
yawn
Badges: 13
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by bikerx23)
Should I apologise for quoting you? I think not - you make a stupid point, we point it out.
As howard has just pointed out, you have actively shown prejudice which is just as bad as those this thread is depicting.
You didn't quote me - you quoted naivesincerity (post #16). That is why you owe me an apology for your duplicity. Although I will accept it as a mistake if that is what you admit to making.

I could accuse all those who cite me as prejudiced of prejudice themselves - particularly Howie and his comments about the Irish nation.

"Let he who is without sin...."
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by yawn)
You didn't quote me - you quoted naivesincerity. That is why you owe me an apology for your duplicity. Although I will accept it as a mistake if that is what you admit to making.

I could accuse all those who cite me as prejudiced of prejudice themselves - particularly Howie and his comments about the Irish nation.

"Let he who is without sin...."
I was stating a fact. Ireland was generally sympathetic to nazism and its a fact that the Irish President sent his condolences on learning of Hitlers death. That's not an anti-Irish comment Yawn; merely a statement of historical fact which I'm not about to retract or apologise for just because it happens to be a bit "unsavoury"

You're comments on the other hand are based on raw naked prejudice since you have freely admitted that you "don't like" Northern Ireland or its inhabitants.

In the war of fact versus personal prejudice fact will triumph.
yawn
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
I was stating a fact. Ireland was generally sympathetic to nazism and its a fact that the Irish President sent his condolences on learning of Hitlers death. That's not an anti-Irish comment Yawn; merely a statement of historical fact which I'm not about to retract or apologise for just because it happens to be a bit "unsavoury"
I was not referring to all the above (since I don't know too much about it, but will make sure I do for future reference) but rather, your comments that there is a lot of 'twattishness' about the Irish.

You're comments on the other hand are based on raw naked prejudice since you have freely admitted that you "don't like" Northern Ireland or its inhabitants.
Again, you are accusing me of making comments that I have not made, but that bikerx23 attributed to me, when they were in fact made by naivesincerity. What is wrong with you that you don't read the posts properly before firing unfounded accusations at people? And why are you allowing yourself to be manipulated by others, ie the OP, naivesincerity and bikerx23? I credit you with more intelligence than that. Don't allow my 'faith' in your ability to flounder.

In the war of fact versus personal prejudice fact will triumph.
Exactly, so get your facts right!
bikerx23
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by yawn)
You didn't quote me - you quoted naivesincerity (post #16). That is why you owe me an apology for your duplicity. Although I will accept it as a mistake if that is what you admit to making.
hmm...very bizarre - can't think how that happened. Sorry about that part specifically, but my point still stands relating to other comments made.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by yawn)
I was not referring to all the above (since I don't know too much about it, but will make sure I do for future reference) but rather, your comments that there is a lot of 'twattishness' about the Irish.

Then you need to learn to read. If you did you would have read that I said there was no doubt an equal amount of twattishness between Northern Irish and the the Irish. I did not say either side demonstrated an extraordinary amount of twattishness on a world scale of twattish behaviour.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by yawn)
Again, you are accusing me of making comments that I have not made, but that bikerx23 attributed to me, when they were in fact made by naivesincerity. What is wrong with you that you don't read the posts properly before firing unfounded accusations at people? And why are you allowing yourself to be manipulated by others, ie the OP, naivesincerity and bikerx23? I credit you with more intelligence than that. Don't allow my 'faith' in your ability to flounder.
Apologies for that then. But regardless you're not exactly discreet when voicing opinions about NI. Not exactly your favorite country is it?
yawn
Report 12 years ago
Then you need to learn to read. If you did you would have read that I said there was no doubt an equal amount of twattishness between Northern Irish and the the Irish. I did not say either side demonstrated an extraordinary amount of twattishness on a world scale of twattish behaviour.
But you did say that there was twattishness amongst the Irish, regardless of whether from the Republic or the North, yes?

What is 'twattishness' meant to convey anyway? It does sound very derogatory.

...and will you admit that there have not been any posts that I have made, that suggests a hatred of the people of NI? I love everybody me.
Megalomaniac _Student
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm a black chick and I have practically lived half of the last 3 years of my life in Dublin as my boyfriend is Irish. Seeing those images is kind of frightening as it seem a general trend with the world at the minute. However, its a huge shock that it is Dublin thats involved, I adore that city and the people are absolutely lush. I have never had anything romotely racists aimed at me, its more of an interest in my cultural background.

To the O.P what newspaper did this article appear in and when was it? Something just does not sit right with me about it.

Plus you have got to remember that the western world is progressing with its views toward ' ethnic minorities'. Looking at what going on it may no seem like it, but my grandparents moved to England in 1940s and attitudes towards them were disgusting. There are always going to be racists, always, look what happened to Etto ( the footballer) just a couple of days ago.
yawn
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Megalomaniac _Student)
I'm a black chick I have practically lived half of the last 3 years of my life in Dublin as my boyfriend is Irish. Seeing those imajes is kind of frightening as it seem a general trend with the world at the minute. However, its a huge shock that it is Dublin thats involved, I adore that city and the people are absolutely lush. I have never had anything romotely racists aimed at me, its more of an interest in my cultural background.

To the O.P what newspaper did this article appear in and when was it? Something just does not sit right with me about it.

Plus you have got to remember that the western world is progressing with its views toward ' ethnic minorities'. Looking at what going on it may no seem like it, but my grandparents moved to England in 1940s and attitudes towards them were disgusting. There are always going to be racists, always, look what happened to Etto ( the footballer) just a couple of days ago. I
That's why I asked dave to tell us which newspaper since I had the same feeling.

Since he hasn't, we have to assume it's all bull****

Thanks for sharing your positive experience of living in Dublin with us.
Dj Nastie
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by naivesincerity)
My friend who spent time in Belfast was told to 'go home you asian *******'. In general my impression of NI is not good. Weird people. They are descended from the Scots, after all
other way round you muppet.
naivesincerity
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
No it's not. Muppet.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by yawn)
But you did say that there was twattishness amongst the Irish, regardless of whether from the Republic or the North, yes?

What is 'twattishness' meant to convey anyway? It does sound very derogatory.
Of course there is twattishness amongst the Irish. The OP starts out with a photo of some peach heads from Ireland. Now would you say regardless of them being Ulstermen or Irish these people are ***** or not?
Dj Nastie
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by naivesincerity)
No it's not. Muppet.
yes it is ***** features. The scots descend from a tribe called the scotti who originated from NI.
naivesincerity
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I don't appreciate the random rudeness, so have some neg rep. I'm sure the most sensible answer is that over many years, there's been movement back and forth(including, eg, the movement of the Irish to Glasgow)over many eras. My interpretation is that a great many of today's protestants in Northen Ireland are descended from a mass influx of Scots, the catholics being indegenous Irish, or at least Irish who were there longer.
yawn
Report 12 years ago
Of course there is twattishness amongst the Irish. The OP starts out with a photo of some peach heads from Ireland. Now would you say regardless of them being Ulstermen or Irish these people are ***** or not?
Since the OP has not reappeared to answer questions on the original source of his link, there is some doubt as to the veracity of the article, particularly because of his known views on pro-neo nazism.

Until such time as we can corroborate the article as being true, we should withhold judgement before proclaiming a nation as being twattish. I would agree that anyone involved in Neo-Nazism is cretinous, regardless of who they were or where they come from.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (257)
26.88%
No (699)
73.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise