Irish Neo Nazis meet in Dublin Mountains Watch

Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Dj Nastie)
yes it is ***** features. The scots descend from a tribe called the scotti who originated from NI.
I thought scotti was the Latin name for Gaelic speaking peoples that was later applied to one particular Gaels founded state; Scotland. I don't think Scotti is the name of a tribe that originated in NI.
Dj Nastie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by naivesincerity)
I don't appreciate the random rudeness, so have some neg rep. I'm sure the most sensible answer is that over many years, there's been movement back and forth(including, eg, the movement of the Irish to Glasgow)over many eras. My interpretation is that a great many of today's protestants in Northen Ireland are descended from a mass influx of Scots, the catholics being indegenous Irish, or at least Irish who were there longer.
=/

i didn't appreciate you calling me a muppet, so have some neg rep too.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I don't appreciate the random rudeness, so have some neg rep. I'm sure the most sensible answer is that over many years, there's been movement back and forth(including, eg, the movement of the Irish to Glasgow)over many eras. My interpretation is that a great many of today's protestants in Northen Ireland are descended from a mass influx of Scots, the catholics being indegenous Irish, or at least Irish who were there longer.
You are correct.
naivesincerity
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
=/

i didn't appreciate you calling me a muppet, so have some neg rep too.
And who started that:rolleyes: ? Amnesia boy.
dave777
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by esx77)
What a load of rubbish - these idiots aint connected to sinn fein you fool.

I have to say ireland is one of the most welcoming countries towards immigrants and them six people represent nobody but themselves.
How do you know they are not sinn fein?

SINN FEIN THUGS IN RACE HATE BEATING

http://irish-nationalism.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=4607

(Original post by JonathanH)
I'm just amused by dave777. If you click the link in his sig you can enjoy being exposed to lies about Jews that would rival any Nazi propaganda.
I hope that is not a racist remark towards Islam :mad:
Dj Nastie
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
I thought scotti was the Latin name for Gaelic speaking peoples that was later applied to one particular Gaels founded state; Scotland. I don't think Scotti is the name of a tribe that originated in NI.
well it is.

i doubt the romans called scotland scotti, because at that time it wasn't inhabited by scots, but by picts, i always thought that area was called 'albion'.
Dj Nastie
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
And who started that:rolleyes: ? Amnesia boy.
did you have to carry on the name calling though? 'Amnesia boy' =/
Dj Nastie
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
lol, why did you call me a brummie? im from london FOOL. Blind or something? look at my location.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
well it is.

i doubt the romans called scotland scotti, because at that time it wasn't inhabited by scots, but by picts, i always thought that area was called 'albion'.
Well, you're wrong.

Starting sometime around the 5th century Gaelic language and culture spread from Ireland to the southwest coast of Scotland where it may have already existed since Roman times. Uncertainty over this comes as a result of the fact that there is no archaeological evidence to support the generally accepted tale of migration while there is some to suggest that there was none - the evidence also points to the population of the area (modern day Argyll) being constant during the time of the alleged Scottish invasion. This area was known as Dal Riada. The Gaels soon spread out to most of the rest of the country. Culturo-linguistic dominance in the area eventually led to the Latin name for Gaelic speaking peoples, "Scotti", being applied to the state founded by the Gaels, Scotland (Alba in Gaelic).
dave777
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by yawn)
C'mom dave - lets's have the name of the newspaper that this item was reported in by one 'Billy' Scanlan.

Just posting a photo with some text that does not include the newspapers name has no validity. It could be constructed by any nutter out to cause trouble.

If you can't we must presume it's a fabrication and deserves ignoring.
Making a fool of yourself

I got it from their own web site :eek:

http://www.irelandawake.greatnow.com...wolvesmain.htm
yawn
Badges: 13
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by dave777)
How do you know they are not sinn fein?

SINN FEIN THUGS IN RACE HATE BEATING

http://irish-nationalism.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=4607
uk.altermedia.info are perniciously racist themselves so they are doing a bit of 'projecting' there.

Scroll down this link and see for yourselves what they are like.

http://uk.altermedia.info/date/2005/12/09/

cockroaches in Chinese takeaway food, cctv film susposedly showing a 'black' rapist, gay Jamaicans flooding this country, Nigerian 'sham' marriages.

Is this the sort of rubbish you believe, dave777?
bikerx23
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I say send them to austria...
yawn
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by bikerx23)
I say send them to austria...
Good idea - they could join David Irving.
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The Scotti did travel from Ireland to Scotland originally. Before that, it was simply Picts and Britons wandering about.

Notably also the Scotti weren't the only Gaelic-speaking tribe that the Romans encountered.

The Romans didn't call Scotland such. Scotti was the name of the tribe - that much is Latin, however they did not relate it to the nation to the north which was simply part of Roman Britannia and the bit north of the Rivers Forth and Clyde was Caledonia.

Albion is the name for Great Britain which Roman sources cite as the native's name for the place. Quite whether this is accurate or not is another matter. However I believe you may be confusing it with Albany, which is a term generally applied to the northern half of Scotland.
Agent Smith
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Will an Englishman fare better in the Republic or NI?
Obviously that will vary wildly. By and large, I'd say the North because he'll feel that little bit more at home, but there's not much in it. Zoom in to the regional or - for the real contrasts - the suburb level in Dublin, Derry or Belfast (and probably Cork, Limerick and all the other big Irish cities too), and then the Englishman's fate will be entirely determined by what street you drop him in.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Agent Smith)
Obviously that will vary wildly. By and large, I'd say the North because he'll feel that little bit more at home, but there's not much in it. Zoom in to the regional or - for the real contrasts - the suburb level in Dublin, Derry or Belfast (and probably Cork, Limerick and all the other big Irish cities too), and then the Englishman's fate will be entirely determined by what street you drop him in.
Is that right? I've never been to Ireland or the NI but an Irish friend of mine always said that he thought England was much more like Ireland than Northern Ireland. NI he said was like a different planet; and that the English and Irish have far more in common with one another than either do with the NIrish.

This could just be his personal opinion or a complete load of crap though.
yawn
Report 12 years ago
Is that right? I've never been to Ireland or the NI but an Irish friend of mine always said that he thought England was much more like Ireland than Northern Ireland. NI he said was like a different planet; and that the English and Irish have far more in common with one another than either do with the NIrish.

An English person in the Republic will know that he is not in England. If he goes to Northern Ireland he could mistakenly think he is in England since the traffic lights, post boxes, zebra crossings and such trappings are distinctly 'anglicized' and there is very little emotional identity with the Republic.

In comparison, if one is in Wales or Scotland, one definitely knows one is somewhere with its own indigenous identity - that identity is not necessarily visible but is certainly 'felt'.
Agent Smith
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

It depends on: Where he lives in Ireland; which bits of England he's seen and therefore based his view on; and possibly personal bias based on which foot he kicks with.

The same is true of me. I haven't seen anything like all of the Free State, and it's possible that I have some bias against the filthy Fenians.

Joke.
yawn
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Agent Smith)
It depends on: Where he lives in Ireland; which bits of England he's seen and therefore based his view on; and possibly personal bias based on which foot he kicks with.

What has football got to do with it? :confused:
naivesincerity
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Catholic or Protestant, he means. Left-footer is slang for a Catholic.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (149)
27.85%
No (386)
72.15%

Watched Threads