Do you pay tuition fees at Edinburgh?!

Watch
This discussion is closed.
cherub_rock
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hello,
I have been told by two people (old people, mind) that if my boyfriend goes to uni in Edinburgh (vet med) then he doesn't have to pay tuition fees! He hadn't heard anything about this and doesn't believe it either but the old dears are obviously getting this info from somewhere.
He is English and lives in England-maybe it's just for Scottish people??
Anyway, if you could shed some light on the situation it would be v. much appreciated :-)
acisejica
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i've heard the same thing, but not sure. does ur bf hav an offer from ed then? coz 2 of my friends r still waitin for interviews from there :confused:
ben2111
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
If you're english and study in Scotland you pay tuition fees at the normal rate - but only for 3 of your 4 yrs there. If you're scottish and go to a scottish uni then you don't pay tuition fees up front but there is a graduate scheme which means you more or less pay it back once you're working.
...and if you´re international you don´t pay at all in Scotland!
mjf
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
No unfortunately if you are english you have to pay for your tuition fees in scotland. Only those who have lived in scotland (I think its for 5 years) dont have to pay.
cherub_rock
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
My boyfriend has two unconditional offers for vet med/science at royal vet college and Liverpool. He had his interview at Edinburgh last week but hasn't heard yet. I just thought i'd find out cause if he did get in and didn't have to pay fees then...
KER-CHING!
But no. Nevermind!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (186)
33.45%
Receiving them online / by email (277)
49.82%
I still don't know (93)
16.73%

Watched Threads