This discussion is closed.
jazzy_girl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
is it ok for a guy to be angry with me for goin out with my friends? i need some space only for myself and he cant understand that... im confused. he seems to be so sad when i wanna go alone somewhere. we've been together for 3 years now and i think its high time we seperate a bit if u know what i mean. my question is: how can i have my own private world without hurting him?
The_Barman
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jazzy_girl)
is it ok for a guy to be angry with me for goin out with my friends? i need some space only for myself and he cant understand that... im confused. he seems to be so sad when i wanna go alone somewhere. we've been together for 3 years now and i think its high time we seperate a bit if u know what i mean. my question is: how can i have my own private world without hurting him?
I've went through the very same problem....in fact im suree everyone has at pone point. Your partner needs to realise that you so have a social life and other friends. Try arranging nights where he will go out with his friends and you go out with urs. He's probably worried that you will get swept away by another guy when you aint there! Sounds silly i know but it is more than likely true.....in other words he doesn't wanna lose ya!!
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
he might feel after bein with u all the time for so long that u r excluding him. im a little like that with my bf, if he doesnt want me to go with him somewhere i feel a little left out. up until a few days ago wen he sat me dwn and explained everythin. maybe u shud do this with ur bf and point out that time apart will make u want each other more and wont get fed up with each other
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by The_Barman)
I've went through the very same problem....in fact im suree everyone has at pone point. Your partner needs to realise that you so have a social life and other friends. Try arranging nights where he will go out with his friends and you go out with urs. He's probably worried that you will get swept away by another guy when you aint there! Sounds silly i know but it is more than likely true.....in other words he doesn't wanna lose ya!!
same feeling here
The_Barman
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lumpycustard)
same feeling here
I used to be the same till i realised if ya cant trust the person you wanna be with who can ya trust!!! Same as i realised there's no point in getting jealous of my gf talking to friends or ex-lads!
shazza
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I have a similar thing myself. However it is possibly my own doing. I am never able to go out, I even have questions asked when I see my family. We have been together 5 years, but after 2 years, I had a bit of a fling (which incedently didn't go very far) and that trust has never returned. Because it was my own doing I let my life be this way. Simply because I love him so much, I mean we are getting married in December so do most things together anyway. But if you are not happy, you need to explain that you are your own person and have the right to live your own life, You do want to spend time with him, but time with your mates is important to you too. If he doesn't understand, he doesn't love you enough!!!!!!
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I used to be the same till i realised if ya cant trust the person you wanna be with who can ya trust!!! Same as i realised there's no point in getting jealous of my gf talking to friends or ex-lads!
mmm me n u av talked about this b4 aint we? grrr lol thats were u might need to help me lol
The_Barman
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by shazza)
I have a similar thing myself. However it is possibly my own doing. I am never able to go out, I even have questions asked when I see my family. We have been together 5 years, but after 2 years, I had a bit of a fling (which incedently didn't go very far) and that trust has never returned. Because it was my own doing I let my life be this way. Simply because I love him so much, I mean we are getting married in December so do most things together anyway. But if you are not happy, you need to explain that you are your own person and have the right to live your own life, You do want to spend time with him, but time with your mates is important to you too. If he doesn't understand, he doesn't love you enough!!!!!!
Congradulations and Good Luck!!x
The_Barman
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
About the getting married part!!
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
About the getting married part!!
was that to me??
shazza
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Why Thankyou Barman!!!!!!
jazzy_girl
Rep:
?

same here
i think its more mature...i know that jelous is was and always will be (till there's love) but u have to control it right? ive never ever made my bf believe that i could leave him or cheat on him...so y cant he understand i need to be alone for a while...men...*sighs*
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
same here
i think its more mature...i know that jelous is was and always will be (till there's love) but u have to control it right? ive never ever made my bf believe that i could leave him or cheat on him...so y cant he understand i need to be alone for a while...men...*sighs*
its not just men, it us girls too
jazzy_girl
Rep:
?
(Original post by lumpycustard)
its not just men, it us girls too

yea maybe u r right... after all at the beginning when i was not sure of him i was pretty jelous myself...but confidence comes with time...eh...
thanks for ur help...this site is great
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yea maybe u r right... after all at the beginning when i was not sure of him i was pretty jelous myself...but confidence comes with time...eh...
thanks for ur help...this site is great
hehe always glad to help! x
shazza
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeah No Problemo Jazzy!!!!!!!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (168)
24.78%
Better than expected (141)
20.8%
Worse than expected (369)
54.42%

Watched Threads