The Student Room Group

Unsuccessful:(

Hi,

I have recently been unsuccessful in a application to the university of Kent for a computing course there after having a interview with them recently. I knew the interview didn't go to well but I think that it was mostly due to me not feeling 100% because of illness and nerves getting the best of me. Do you think I should contact them and see if I can appeal there decision somehow or is it a lost cause. I really had my heart set on going there and really need some help guys. Ty.
Reply 1
Don't bother contacting them, you'd only be wasting your time.
Reply 2
There are plenty more fish (or universities!) in the sea- just focus on your other applications now and I'm sure wherever you end up you will be happy :smile:
Probably not going to change anything. Kent are quite stubborn. And tbh, you've actually done yourself a favour not getting in...

As a Kent student, I have seen it has a fair few places for most courses in clearing. It's always worth checking it out. Although once you get here, I've found the experience quite miserable.
Reply 4
i'm to hear that, but i think it is unlikely they will change their decision.
Reply 5
I'd contact them asking for feedback and a possible place in clearing.
Reply 6
I know how you feel man! You should contact them because there is nothing to lose except time. You never know sometimes these admissions tutors can be nicer than you think (Not in my experience though :L). Good luck and I am sure you will be successful wherever you go!
Reply 7
theres no harm in, whilst universities usually dont change there decision there are a couple of threads on here where people in more or less the same position as you have called up the uni asked politely and been given an offer :smile:
Original post by Studentguy968
Hi,

I have recently been unsuccessful in a application to the university of Kent for a computing course there after having a interview with them recently. I knew the interview didn't go to well but I think that it was mostly due to me not feeling 100% because of illness and nerves getting the best of me. Do you think I should contact them and see if I can appeal there decision somehow or is it a lost cause. I really had my heart set on going there and really need some help guys. Ty.

I wouldn't contact them in order to plead your case - if you're not feeling well, you need to mention it on the day, really. What I would suggest is contacting them to ask for feedback and to stress your continued interest, and to enquire a) whether the course ever comes up in extra or clearing, and if so whether they would accept a re-application, and/or b) whether it would be worth reapplying next year. There's no harm in finding out whether it was a close run thing, because if it was, your interest may mean that you have a better shot should any places become available in future.
Reply 9
thanks guys for the fast replies I really appreciate it. I think I am going to do what IlexAquifolium said and contact them for feedback showing that I still have a interest. I don't have much to lose I guess and maybe I might get lucky. Thanks again for all the feedback.
Reply 10
Ok update I rang them up and I got a really nice lady on the phone who seemed pretty sympathetic to my cause, anyways she said that I should write a email telling them my situation. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice they could give me. I was going to write it kind of like IlexAquifolium suggested

I wouldn't contact them in order to plead your case - if you're not feeling well, you need to mention it on the day, really. What I would suggest is contacting them to ask for feedback and to stress your continued interest, and to enquire a) whether the course ever comes up in extra or clearing, and if so whether they would accept a re-application, and/or b) whether it would be worth reapplying next year. There's no harm in finding out whether it was a close run thing, because if it was, your interest may mean that you have a better shot should any places become available in future.

Ty in advanced guys:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending