The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If we're talking about anti-social habits (not just health-risking ones) I think spitting should be banned and dog fouling better discouraged/enforced!
Reply 2
josie
I think that smoking in public should be banned, why should they put our lifes at risk with their filthy habits, i have friends that smoke and i cant stand it when they walk down the street with a cigarette and it blows back in my face! Does any one agree? xx :cool: :biggrin:

I agree, i hate the smell it makes me feel sick. I don't mind them doing it as long as they don't affect other people. Like in their house. It's their choice that they want to smoke. :frown:
Reply 3
blissy
If we're talking about anti-social habits (not just health-risking ones) I think spitting should be banned and dog fouling better discouraged/enforced!

I agree- spitting's disgusting. It makes me feel sick to see people doing it :frown:
Reply 4
Ramaya
I agree, i hate the smell it makes me feel sick. I don't mind them doing it as long as they don't affect other people. Like in their house. It's their choice that they want to smoke. :frown:

It also annoys me that you go out clubbing and you usually come home with atleast 5 fag burns
Reply 5
I agree - had someone smoking in my ear whilst eating lunch today - not very nice. Hard to enforce though and it would have to be universal otherwise restaurants etc would lose business because of it.
Reply 6
josie
I think that smoking in public should be banned, why should they put our lifes at risk with their filthy habits, i have friends that smoke and i cant stand it when they walk down the street with a cigarette and it blows back in my face! Does any one agree? xx :cool: :biggrin:

I don't smoke and never will but the odds are that i'll die of something smoking-related.. my dad's smoked heavily all my life and nowadays i don't even realise that the house smells of smoke, i'm that used to it.

When I go to pubs and parties and stuff it's there but it doesn't really get to me.. and in my opinion in an environment like a pub where smoking is permitted you have to assume that people WILL be smoking. So in this case the non-smoker is free to choose.

In public places like out on the street it's no worse than fumes from vehicles is it?! Sure if the smoke is blowing back into your face just check the wind direction or something first!

(didn't mean it personally by the way!)
Reply 7
piginapoke
Nobody wants smoke blown in their face not even smokers (its a different smoke to the stuff you inhale). Banning smoking in public will be a victory for the health fascists. Smokers should be more careful where they smoke. I'm a smoker but I'm banished outside in my house because I'm the only smoker living here, but I respect that. I don't go around blowing it in people's faces either. Why whould I be stopped from having a sly fag when I'm strolling along the road with nobody near me?

Not a problem, but not in crowds or around others. It should be people ask permision to light up.
Reply 8
Smoking around young children in eateries is just WRONG.
Reply 9
starry
Smoking around young children in eateries is just WRONG.

I think smoking in restaurants in general is wrong. And it really annoys me when they have a 'smoking area', right next to the non-smoking section! Do they think smoke doesn't travel through the air??!
Reply 10
Cigarette smoke smells foul, but the tabacco smells well nice

smoking just seems so pointless.
Reply 11
Yeh yeh all you people like smoking or atleast tried it I bet.
Not that I smoke, I heard alot of people saying it's crap this and that and they go and do the shit themselves.
Reply 12
Just double the tax and put half the profits into the NHS which smokers are clogging up with their cancer, and half into the police force to stop those who can't afford it turning to crime!
Reply 13
SHANDY
Yeh yeh all you people like smoking or atleast tried it I bet.
Not that I smoke, I heard alot of people saying it's crap this and that and they go and do the shit themselves.

I've never tried it- can't see the facination. What's the appeal of something that'll ruin the taste of food, make your fingers yellow, make all your clothes reek, oh, and that small fact that it'll kill you?? I just can't see why anyone would want to :confused:
Reply 14
suz19
I've never tried it- can't see the facination. What's the appeal of something that'll ruin the taste of food, make your fingers yellow, make all your clothes reek, oh, and that small fact that it'll kill you?? I just can't see why anyone would want to :confused:

Aye
Reply 15
josie

please scroll down to similar threads and see that the amount of smoking in public threads.I myself made one which had 302 replies so feel fee to join that arguement we need people who hate smoking in it
Reply 16
piginapoke
Smoking raises £7 billion per year in tax, smoking-related diseases cost £1.5 billion per year to treat.

Oh.

Well put it all to the police then. Or that new FBI thing. What is it, SOCA?
Reply 17
eric bischoff
please scroll down to similar threads and see that the amount of smoking in public threads.I myself made one which had 302 replies so feel fee to join that arguement we need people who hate smoking in it

nah, we will just carry on with this one, but thanks anyway
Reply 18
I can't be bothered about whether people smoke or not, but if they do it in public and it bothers me, I'd tell them.
Reply 19
i really do not see the point in smoking.

drinking is great cuz it makes you more sociable, but what does smoking do? nothing but clog up your lungs

Latest

Trending

Trending