maxine carr and her attempts at fame

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Amy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
i was reading just the other day that maxine carr has asked if it would be possible for her to make a tv appeal, does this sound like a publicity stunt or should it be granted to give her a chance???
serendipity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ~*glitter*~)
i was reading just the other day that maxine carr has asked if it would be possible for her to make a tv appeal, does this sound like a publicity stunt or should it be granted to give her a chance???
A tv appeal for what?
Mystic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
For early release, to say sorry....?

Hmmmm....I have no idea...
Amy
Rep:
?
(Original post by serendipity)
A tv appeal for what?
for early release
Sahir
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
She's an idiot. And guilty.
Amy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Heather_1)
For early release, to say sorry....?

Hmmmm....I have no idea...
thanx for the rep that didnt even work!!! i was only being nice, i dont see why ur "mate" hates me
Mystic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
for early release

What would be the point though.....? Does she think the public are going to agree with her or sympathise with her to let her out....?
serendipity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
for early release
I don't think other prisoners are allowed to do that so I don't think she will. Plus the public hate her, so what would be the point??
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sahir)
She's an idiot. And guilty.
Guilty of what? Being fooled by her boyfriend?

There's another ~25,000,000 women in the UK alone guilty of that.
Amy
Rep:
?
(Original post by serendipity)
I don't think other prisoners are allowed to do that so I don't think she will. Plus the public hate her, so what would be the point??
ive always thought that she had alot more to do with the killings than shes lettin on, i mean come on, ian huntly hardly has 2 brain cells to rub together, never mind be the mastermind behind a double murder
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ive always thought that she had alot more to do with the killings than shes lettin on, i mean come on, ian huntly hardly has 2 brain cells to rub together, never mind be the mastermind behind a double murder
Considering she was 100 miles away at the time (and the fact that she lied about this is the reason she was found guilty - there is plenty of evidence to prove her presence in Grimsby) it seems unlikely she could have been involved.
suz19
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
Guilty of what? Being fooled by her boyfriend?

There's another ~25,000,000 women in the UK alone guilty of that.
I don't think she's as stupid as she makes out. She must've noticed the change in him during the days following the murder. And the fact that he'd had rape charges brought against him in the past should've set off alarm bells when he asked her to provide a fake alibi.
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Nah, I agree with Pencil Queen. I think it's very unlikely that she was involved and I think she probably genuinely believed Huntley when he told her he hadn't done it. She seems to have been utterly dependant on him - she's got a fair few psychological problems I believe. She's going to have a tough time of it whenever she does come out though, so God knows why she wants to come out early...
Amy
Rep:
?
Considering she was 100 miles away at the time (and the fact that she lied about this is the reason she was found guilty - there is plenty of evidence to prove her presence in Grimsby) it seems unlikely she could have been involved.
i dont no, theres just some underlying evil in her
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by suz19)
I don't think she's as stupid as she makes out. She must've noticed the change in him during the days following the murder. And the fact that he'd had rape charges brought against him in the past should've set off alarm bells when he asked her to provide a fake alibi.
Maybe - but I doubt any woman would want to believe that the person they've lived with for however long is capable of murdering two young girls....self delusion is a natural human reaction in that sort of situation.

I just find it amazing that people were hollaring abuse outside her trial but huntley is left alone
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i dont no, theres just some underlying evil in her
Myra Hindley was "evil" she was actively involved in catching children and then slowly torturing them to death.

Covering up for the person you think you love is almost nothing in comparison.
suz19
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Myra Hindley was "evil" she was actively involved in catching children and then slowly torturing them to death.

So do you think it was right that she went to prison? (Not Hindley, Maxine Carr)
starry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Eeps
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by suz19)
So do you think it was right that she went to prison? (Not Hindley, Maxine Carr)
Yes - she did lie and she delayed the capture of huntley
Amy
Rep:
?

heres why i think like this, my uncle is the phyciatric (cant spell it) doctor at rampton prison hospital, he said that huntley often hinted about things that put carr more prominantly in the picture than it would seem, things like her amount of jealousy, her depression blah blah
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the rest of the UK follow the Scottish Results changes announced?

Yes they should (90)
52.63%
No they should not (61)
35.67%
Abstain (20)
11.7%

Watched Threads