This discussion is closed.
suz19
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
Yes - she did lie and she delayed the capture of huntley
I agree. I don't think she was in any way involved in the murders and see your point about the self dilusion thing- it's all very well thinking how you'd react in that situation but you never know unless you're in it. However, back to the original point about going on TV- I just think that's wrong. The families and friends of those 2 girls don't want to see her on their televisions- they should be the people who are considered in all this after all.
john !!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
She doesn't seem harmful to society and therefore should not be imprisoned, but what she did do was pervert the course of justice, which if not anything else wasted taxpayer money. She should have to pay that, not use up more of it in her cell.

On the point of the subject, public opinion doesn't affect jurisdiction, so why on earth would someone make an appeal to try to get out? No, I think she is doing it for forgiveness from the public.
suz19
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ~*glitter*~)
heres why i think like this, my uncle is the phyciatric (cant spell it) doctor at rampton prison hospital, he said that huntley often hinted about things that put carr more prominantly in the picture than it would seem, things like her amount of jealousy, her depression blah blah
So has your uncle actually had to speak to that *******?? God, I couldn't do his job- I'd be so angry :mad:
Amy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by suz19)
So has your uncle actually had to speak to that *******?? God, I couldn't do his job- I'd be so angry :mad:
yeah, he played scabble with him, he said he felt like hittin him but he couldnt cus there are cameras, what made it worse for him is the fact that both his daughters are about the same age that holly and jessica were when it happened
john !!
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What is his sentence?
Amy
Rep:
?
(Original post by mik1a)
What is his sentence?
2 life sentences wasnt it??
suz19
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeah, he played scabble with him, he said he felt like hittin him but he couldnt cus there are cameras, what made it worse for him is the fact that both his daughters are about the same age that holly and jessica were when it happened
My God. I would be filled with such rage just at the sight of him, let alone having to play scrabble with him! So could he (your uncle) have said that he didn't want to speak to him or do they have to see who they're told to see?
Amy
Rep:
?
(Original post by suz19)
My God. I would be filled with such rage just at the sight of him, let alone having to play scrabble with him! So could he (your uncle) have said that he didn't want to speak to him or do they have to see who they're told to see?
i think he has to, so they can determine weather hes nuts or not, u got to be professional tho, hes also treated myra hindly before

ive got to go to work now, speak soon xx
john !!
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
2 life sentences wasnt it??
Good good.
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
heres why i think like this, my uncle is the phyciatric (cant spell it) doctor at rampton prison hospital, he said that huntley often hinted about things that put carr more prominantly in the picture than it would seem, things like her amount of jealousy, her depression blah blah
I'd be very careful who you say things like that to. Breach of confidentiality even to relatives and about things not directly effecting his condition I imagine can be a disciplinary offence in some circumstances.

I think that she wants to appeal to be able to lead the rest of her life in peace but I think she is very naive she would be better relocating than going somewhere where she can be hounded by the media 24/7
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by suz19)
I don't think she's as stupid as she makes out. She must've noticed the change in him during the days following the murder. And the fact that he'd had rape charges brought against him in the past should've set off alarm bells when he asked her to provide a fake alibi.
think of it like this. he had been accused of alot in the past, but not charged with an amount. So when huntley tells her that the police are sniffing round him she immediately worries they'll stitch him up again (she loves and trusts him completely) and so gives a fake alibi.
She's guilty only of that, and doesn't deserve this whole myra hindley persona she is being given
J
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (235)
39.36%
Take autumn exams (178)
29.82%
Look for a job (20)
3.35%
Consider an apprenticeship (23)
3.85%
Take a year out (106)
17.76%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (35)
5.86%

Watched Threads