Turn on thread page Beta

Comfort Items watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Heya :-D

When was your little or do you still have anything you couldnt go anywhere without, Such as a teddy comfort blanket,dummy etc? When did you grow out of it or was something just like ripped away from you?

This is George my nan and grandad bought him for me when i was 2 days old my mum said he hasnt got a neck because i use to squeeze him to much. I had a comfort blanket that had a mirror and toy things on it but my mum gave it away to my neice

Dam i cant get a picture on the laptop infared doesnt work but hes a giraffe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonathan*)
    Dam i cant get a picture on the laptop infared doesnt work but hes a giraffe
    I don't believe you.

ReputationRep:
    Meh dont then

ReputationRep:
    I had two. An orange teddy bear, which someone thought was funny for me to call fred bear (get it? ^o) ) which was bought for me when I was little - but cant remember quite how old. My other one is a teddy bear which was my mums, I've got hers and my sister has got my dads old teddy bear (they are both quite old now - about 40ish!) They are very worn and the worse for wear now - but mine is still a kind of comfort thing. I took it to uni with me, and like to have it when I am away from home for a long time!:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I had a teddy when I was younger called CJ. These days... I can't get to sleep very easily if I don't have my big cuddle pillow

ReputationRep:
    Strange enough, my main comfort item is a DVD: Kiki's Delivery Service. Always cheers me up when I feel down

ReputationRep:
    I still have a stuffed racoon that I was given when I was six. His name is Raggy, but my friends call him Roadkill :rolleyes: He looks very worn out, but I still take him with me on travels and he sleeps in my bed :p: I also always take pics of my dogs with me for when they cannot be there (one of them died and I cannot always take the other).

ReputationRep:
    Well i cant get to sleep without my SOCOM MK23 SD under my pillow and FN P90 SMG in my arms!:cool:

ReputationRep:
    I had a blanket when I was really little, although apparently I only liked it because of the silky label that I could wrap round my hand when sucking my thumb :blush: And numerous teddy bears -- my favourite is still with me at uni right now

ReputationRep:
    I had a small pillow that I carried round, plus a piece of ribbon which I held when I was sucking my thumb, and a blue rabbit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anne*UK*06)
    I still have a stuffed racoon that I was given when I was six. His name is Raggy, but my friends call him Roadkill :rolleyes: He looks very worn out, but I still take him with me on travels and he sleeps in my bed :p: I also always take pics of my dogs with me for when they cannot be there (one of them died and I cannot always take the other).
    Lol, my blue rabbit is like that. Apparently he was quite fat once, but he's lost all his stuffing and he's all floppy and worn out now!

My mum had a stuffed racoon which is now mine, he's called Raccy!

ReputationRep:
    I used to have a yellow Care-Bear (Funshine Bear!) and I loved her so much... I think she's in the loft now though!

My brother has a little green dragon he affectionately called 'Dragoo' when he was two. He took it with him everywhere and when he had it in bed, he would rub the wings and eventually Dragoo's wings wore away! Recently (my brother is now 13 and still has Dragoo on his bed, but I don't think he rubs the wings anymore! :p: ) our puppy stole Dragoo and tore his eyes out so Dragoo was blind - my brother was out at the time so we took it to my Nan's and got her to sew some new eyes on and we hoped he wouldn't notice!! The result was disastrous...he's now cross-eyed with eyes 4 times smaller than the originals!!! I will get a picture up when I'm on my other computer, because it's just hilarious!!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Cigerettes?

ReputationRep:
    I've had a white blanket things since i was born, and I've still got it now (at uni with me!) It's got so many holes in it now, and is seriously falling apart. I can cope without it, but I still find it comforting to hold it when I'm all upset or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    I use to squeeze george to much so he has a floppy neck now and hes a bit worn. Was going to post the picture but how do you insert an image on here?

ReputationRep:
    I always used to HAVE to wear a head band. It wouldn't feel right without one. Kind of like underwear.

So glad i got out of that! Took me until 2002 though!!!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I had a specific comforter thing, though after a 'holiday' (oh yeah we bigged it up there..) in Blackpool where I won myself a lovely green frog, I insisted on taking him everywhere with me, but one day lost it in town I was a bit sad about that, but I have from my youth a lot of cuddly toys, including Sonic the hedgehog, Zig from zig and zag, and Babar! Babar and a snowman one i have are just nice to hug sometimes; if I'm feeling down.

That sounds really silly now doesn't it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    My cousin (who is subsequently a moron) used to have a Sonic, but insisted on keeping it in it's box so it wouldn't get dirty...what a loser! It's a child's toy for goodness sake, it's supposed to be played with and gotten dirty!

He's still got it now, probably in pristine condition, never been touched. We don't really get on well...probably because me being the younger cousin used to dribble over his collection of Star Wars toys :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i always used to have about 5 dummies in my hands when i was realllly young, after that it was a mickey mouse teddy i loved

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.