Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, do you reckon if I dash down to the post office/box now I will still be able to send a letter for next day delivery?! Is the last post at 5 or half 5, and will the post office be open?!

Thanks and sorry for such a short-span thread!!

(Original post by zhivago)
    Hey, do you reckon if I dash down to the post office/box now I will still be able to send a letter for next day delivery?! Is the last post at 5 or half 5, and will the post office be open?!

Thanks and sorry for such a short-span thread!!
    530 i think
    and good luck!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    It depends where you live. Our last post is at 11pm, as that's when the post office closes. But if you go to the post box it's 4.30.

ReputationRep:
    Most boxes are half five I think, the ones at the post office are usually later. Though in reality the vans scoot past whenever they want (sometimes well before the last collection time) in which case your letter won't go anywhere til tomorrow...

ReputationRep:
    I live in London, so my last post is at 7.00pm or 7.30pm, which is so much more convenient - gotta love city life!

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, thanks for the times - I missed the last post and the thing is I need next-day delivery as well. Which now means that I need a letter to be somewhere...today...and I haven't sent it yet!!!

Does anyone know anything about same-day delivery? I looked on the Royal Mail website and got a quote for (and I'm not kidding)...£112!!

This can't be right...all I want to do is send a letter, not a parcel, but it needs to get somewhere today around afternoon at least and I know it's rather touch and go but does anyone know if this is possible and if so how expensive it will be? There is loads of next-day delivery info (from as little as £3.85!), so same-day can't be that much more can it? Anyone?

Cheers!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Try a courier firm. Or it might be cheaper to get a train and take it yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Where are you and where do you need to ge the letter? You anyone with a car that would be willing to drive?

I'm sure if they get it a day later, it wont matter, as you can always claim you posted it the day before

ReputationRep:
    why didnt you post it yesterday? it would have gone in the morning post collection but now you've wasted more time..

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.