Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Intermediate maths challenge marks came today. I'm going into the next round, though I haven't been told my actual mark yet. How did everyone else do?

ReputationRep:
    What did you get bobo, i got a silver

ReputationRep:
    i got a gold and now i'm doing the next round

ReputationRep:
    I did it a couple of years ago and didnt even get bronze. But I only answered bout 5 questions
    Think a v clever boy in my class got to next round as well so if you're anything like him you must be extremely intelligent. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    i got gold and into the next round. the kangaroo stuff.

I got silver- surprising considering I didn't attempt most of the questions in the other sections through fear of messing up entirely.

Congrats on getting through!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I haven't got my results back yet. Though I know I got 87. (is that good?) I had a problem though because both me and another person got the exact same answers for every single question apart from on one which I got right and he got wrong. It's scary, we weren't even sitting near each other. So now I have to wait until it's all sorted out. Eek.

ReputationRep:
    you will probably get into the Kangaroo paper (I think, but can't be sure). I'm doing the Olympiad Hamilton paper

ReputationRep:
    kangaroo paper?
    i did the challenge but still dont have the results

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the Maclaurin olympiad paper - I required 99 to get into it I think. My actual mark was a bit higher than that though ...

ReputationRep:
    silver- bit of a drop from last year, but oh well.
    Btw well done on getting through

ReputationRep:
    I'm into the kangaroo (pink)

So close to next level, one more question and I would have made it... to be more exact, the chess board question (I drew it out, lol, sadly I couldn't count the squares properly )

Anyone know what the ratio is of pupils from state schools to pupils of private schools? I thought it might be interesting to find out.

http://www.mathcomp.leeds.ac.uk/News%20from%20UKMT.htm
    for boundaries
    year 11's needed 80 points for Kangaroo, and 99 for Olympiads

ReputationRep:
    I remember my sister doing the maths challenge.How can I get involved in this?

Is it only through school?

My Maths Challenge days are sadly over but I did walk away with 5 Golds, one Merit in the Intermediate Kangaroo Challenge and a certificate of participation in the old Junior Olympiad. Not a bad record, all things considered.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Ah, Maths Challenges. I did them several times while I was in school. I got at least one gold, silver and bronze over the years. They were tough little tests.

ReputationRep:
    a few years ago some kid from my school got almost perfect in it and left our school for a scolarship of some kind :|
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I got my results yesterday. I got 87 so my first ever gold. I looked on the website and it says I qualified for the Olympiads Cayley but I don't even know if my school even do the next round because I've never heard of anyone doing it before.

ReputationRep:
    How can I get involved in this ???

ReputationRep:
    We aren't allowed to do it in year 11 which is stupid...I got gold in Y10, 8, 7 and 6 and a silver in 9. Best in school twice Pity I suck at the regular class stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Aaah the intermediate maths challenge, I was so pleased with my silver at the time. Well done to those who got through to the next round *is certainly not bitter *

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.