Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yeah well maybe the "points" appeared as competitions, she told me about them, too. It's just hard to understand sometimes how some competitions could help but obviously they must be important there then.

Do you plan to move back to Poland after you graduate? I mean if there's unemployment etc. The unemployment rate is quite high in Finland also so I'm also having this option not to come back right away. Well, time will show.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I wouldn't like to return just after getting a degree, but I don't want to stay there whole life. But I'm not sure yet. Time will show, as you've said.

ReputationRep:
    Alioth: Yes I was there at 9 AM on friday. I was asking about philosophy and psychology course. You were the girl who talked with them after me? Funny coincidence So you are also taking studying in glasgow seriously. Where do you come from? Maybe we could meet? Hope to c u in september or even earlier ( after matura exam if u would like )

ReputationRep:
    That was me
    Let's wait with arrangements till I pass IELTS, but why not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alioth)
    They don't take our (or at least mine) English school leaving exams into consideration.
    I have a Russian friend who's applying to Imperial and they're trying to make her take the IELTS even though she's lived here in England for six years and has an AS English Lit at grade A, taken in England.... Strange people. They tried to say she was an overseas student too but she's got citizenship so they can't.

I'm definitely going to Glasgow. Definitely. And if anyone wants to be friends, just shout

ReputationRep:
    Yay, finally I had the chance to reply to the offers. I declined all but Glasgow. There's no point holding an insurance since it demanded the same grades and I don't really want to go anywhere else and I'm positive I will get in. (I only have one more final exam to go and they have gone pretty well so there shouldn't be any problems..)

I'm just so happy at the moment, even though I knew this is what I'm going to do anyway. It just seems official now.

ReputationRep:
    They tried to say she was an overseas student too but she's got citizenship so they can't.
    They would be very happy to make her pay overseas fees..
    And yeah, they are very strict with IELTS. It was no speech of not having it when I talked to their admissions.

I'm definitely going to Glasgow. Definitely. And if anyone wants to be friends, just shout
    I want to. <Starts shouting >.
    So you will be doing medicine? Wow, Glasgow's the best according to Guardian. They must have got loads of candidates..

ReputationRep:
    am goin to do geography & hispanic studies :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sloosh)
    Shouting lool! i m well scared bout moving to glasgow! i m pretty sure i ll be able to make new mates i ve never had a problem with it before! but i dont wanna leave my mates that i ve spend years building friendships with i know then sooooo well an i know i can do or say anything :suith: !!! it ll take ages before i can open my mouth without thinking again

ReputationRep:
    I know what you feel like! Leaving my mates after 6 years spent together sounds awful!

On the other hand... just think how exciting it's gonna be

ReputationRep:
    Just put Glasgow as my firm choice. Was a really tough decision between Glasgow, Strathclyde and Edinburgh! But I think I made the right one. Glasgow looks amazing - its going 2 be a great year!

ReputationRep:
    just accepted Glasgow as my firm choice yesterday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sloosh)

Hey, im going to Glasgow to do Geography, i really doubt you will have any trouble making friends, were rather friendly people, if you do...then i'll talk to you!

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.