The Student Room Group
Reply 1
NatashaB
Calling UEA students.
Im having a panic attack is this true. I just heard that UEA accomadation does not have ovens. How is this possible. I cant handle the thought of cooking food with a microwave, it tastes so wrong. Really want to go to UEA. Can someone shed some light on the matter please. Im looking into going for one of the more expensive accomadations.
Thank You ppl x

I wouldn't know but why not you check their website
Reply 2
it says microwave or micro oven tho heard from a 'little bird' they dont have ovens in accom
Reply 3
Get private accomodation since you're willing to pay?

Visit open day?

Call admin office? Or accomodation office?

Apply early to get the best accomodation?

Hope it helps
Reply 4
I went on open day but only just really decided I wanna stay on campus. I live like hour and half away so was gonna drive but came to the conclusion that i would probably miss out on a lot. Therefore when went on open day didn't pay too much attention to kitchen (MISTAKE). I could call admin office but the forms are not being sent out for accom until May, so may think im being pushy. Was just wondering if anybody actually knew for sure. I no im panicing early but I wanna decide early wot im doing, if that makes any sense to any of you.
Reply 5
Yes I agree with you.

Well, I think you should email the accomodation office and explain your situation nicely. I'm sure they will offer some help. Just try?
Right.

Waveney, Orwell, Wolfson, Norfolk and Suffolk have ovens.

Nelson, Constable and the Village don't.

I don't know about Coleman (the accom which *should* be finished by september...) or Mary Chapman Court.

The ones which don't have an oven do have a microwave oven, which we don't trust for much, but it's ok for doing things like garlic bread and pizzas in.
Reply 7
Cheers Sa-ra-ra-ra. that just seems a bit backwards to me. The more expensive accom not having ovens. I hate cooking food in microwaves, u never no how long to do it for. Anyway thanks for ur help. x
That's ok, if you've got any other UEA questions, feel free to PM me :smile:
Reply 9
Sa-ra-ra-ra
Right.

Waveney, Orwell, Wolfson, Norfolk and Suffolk have ovens.

Nelson, Constable and the Village don't.

I don't know about Coleman (the accom which *should* be finished by september...) or Mary Chapman Court.

The ones which don't have an oven do have a microwave oven, which we don't trust for much, but it's ok for doing things like garlic bread and pizzas in.

I thought the village had ovens???

I'm in Nelson, and we cope fine without an oven, only annoying thing is we can't do roast dinners or things like that. SOme things that say oven cook you can do in the microwave, you just have to put it on for longer, or even put it under the grill just to finish it.
Reply 10
Chicken
I thought the village had ovens???

Nope, we only have the micro-ovens aswell. Strange how the 3 more expensive accom all have these inferior ovens..

The micro-ovens aren't too bad. Like Sa-ra said, they're fine for cooking pizzas and oven chips, but dont expect to be cooking a sunday roast in one :tongue:
Reply 11
Chris_
Nope, we only have the micro-ovens aswell. Strange how the 3 more expensive accom all have these inferior ovens..

The micro-ovens aren't too bad. Like Sa-ra said, they're fine for cooking pizzas and oven chips, but dont expect to be cooking a sunday roast in one :tongue:

We do oven chips in the grill! They do get a bit crispy though...!!!
Reply 12
Cheers all for your help. Just needed to no im not destined to starve when I come to uni. It doesn't mak sense paying for more expensive accom only to get micro-oven. Somebody should get on to someone about this. HeHe. Thanx Again. x
Reply 13
I'm planning on staying in the village, didn't know there weren't ovens ! Oh well. I'm no cook anyway ! Just so long as it's got the what ya call it.. the thing you put pans on lol
I stayed at oak in the village and was very impressed with the micro-ovens. You can cook pizzas to perfection and they rarely catch fire.
Reply 15
Rakooga
I stayed at oak in the village and was very impressed with the micro-ovens. You can cook pizzas to perfection and they rarely catch fire.

We've managed to set fire to our micro-oven once - someone heated some spaghetti hoops for too long and they kind of bubbled a bit violently and some of the sauce got stuck on the top. Later someone put a pizza in on the oven setting, and it kinda set alight the spaghetti hoop remains! Not a serious fire mind, just a few (small) flames!!!
Reply 16
Chicken
We've managed to set fire to our micro-oven once - someone heated some spaghetti hoops for too long and they kind of bubbled a bit violently and some of the sauce got stuck on the top. Later someone put a pizza in on the oven setting, and it kinda set alight the spaghetti hoop remains! Not a serious fire mind, just a few (small) flames!!!

Nothing that the UEA housing office should be informed of then... :wink:
Reply 17
Leekey
Nothing that the UEA housing office should be informed of then... :wink:

Not at all, the microwave still works fine!!! :biggrin: Just it took a while to get rid of the burnt smell!

Latest

Trending

Trending