The Student Room Group

Choosing A levels?

I want to take maths at A level, but will I cope? I have already got an A at GCSE but really struggled to get that grade. I also want to take Biology and feel that if i work hard I could get an A at GCSE, so could I cope with two very hard A levels Biology and Maths?
I took both biology and maths and to be honest, I find them both ok. I had an A at maths GCSE and A in biology. :biggrin: Then, at AS I had A's in biology in maths. I think you'll be fine. :smile:
Reply 2
i feel your pain! i tried REALLY hard at GCSE for my A :smile: (had a tutor!)
i took A-level maths though because i love maths. i got a B in C1 (Resitting though - i can get an A!) and predicted an A overall.
As long as you can enjoy maths, you really can cope at A-level (and use Examsolutions.co.k alot - it's been a lifesaver)
If you enjoy it, take it.
I do both of what you're talking about and as long as you ensure you understand the content as you go along, you'll be fine.
Don't let thinking its hard put you of taking it - because obviously it will look hard now, but as you go through it you'll find its not as bad as it looks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest