The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

For the Stats worksheet most of the information seems to be entered from the pdf data file, the only formula i can think of is for the Ballast required to meet the minimum car weight, are there any other formulas in the spreadsheet model???
For the stats worksheet:
Ballast formula looks like an 'if' function: =IF(B13+B14<640,B12-(B13+B14),0)
is this correct?
i think this is correct because there are two drivers so there must be a formula our class thought you might need a drop down box to specift driver weight
Reply 23
I got something slightly different
Reply 24
Original post by samthomas404
For the stats worksheet:
Ballast formula looks like an 'if' function: =IF(B13+B14<640,B12-(B13+B14),0)
is this correct?

Good Idea!
Reply 25
Original post by samthomas404
For the Stats worksheet most of the information seems to be entered from the pdf data file, the only formula i can think of is for the Ballast required to meet the minimum car weight, are there any other formulas in the spreadsheet model???

I agree
Reply 26
Original post by c_alexa_stall
If you look at the pdf sheet given there is information given there.
The number of laps is 75 if you look at the stats sheet in the model it tells you there.
The minimum car weight is 640kg. Car weight is 560kg. The driver weight depends, the man is 61 and the woman 53, easiest way to do this is by creating a drop down list on the model so you can switch between the two. The ballast section will fill itself when you enter all of the above and will varie with the driver. the lap length is 5.27km and you can get this by 392 km (which is the total length of the lap) divided by the number of laps (75)

Hope this can help.

thanks.. will try n let u know if any difficulties...
i dont understand how to do the final time, any help would be appreciated
Reply 28
i cant figure this out i tired to do the sum of all the lap times but the cells only generates 0 :s-smilie: someone must know how to fix this.....
Original post by afzal123
I got something slightly different

what did u get?
Original post by gandalfthewise
i think this is correct because there are two drivers so there must be a formula our class thought you might need a drop down box to specift driver weight

yh this could be but we thought it was unlikely as they have never asked to make a drop down box before i mean is it really that likely, or class thought you would just have to pick one driver hope this helps
Reply 31
Original post by c_alexa_stall
If you look at the pdf sheet given there is information given there.
The number of laps is 75 if you look at the stats sheet in the model it tells you there.
The minimum car weight is 640kg. Car weight is 560kg. The driver weight depends, the man is 61 and the woman 53, easiest way to do this is by creating a drop down list on the model so you can switch between the two. The ballast section will fill itself when you enter all of the above and will varie with the driver. the lap length is 5.27km and you can get this by 392 km (which is the total length of the lap) divided by the number of laps (75)

Hope this can help.

THANKS,,, for the values.. have any idea about the below ones??

so what are the values for the below ones??

Lap record
Average pit stop delay
Fuel capacity

(edited 11 years ago)
Does anyone know if we need drop down boxes AND THE FINAL RACE TIME, NEED FORMULA !?
For the final race time, you just link the cell to I84 on the lap times sheet. The problem with this is that it seems tooo easy. Only thing we are having a problem with is figuring out what possible charts to create
Reply 34
Original post by strugglestudent
Hey guys has anyone worked out the Lap record yet... I'm stuck on that one.... Please and Thanx :smile:

i think its the minimum one of all the lap times
formula '=MIN('Lap Times'!H9:h83)'
Reply 35
I NEEED THE SCENARIO AND THE SUPPORTING FILES PLEAAASE !! my centre did not provide me with thoose yet :confused:
Original post by grantlybudgen
For the final race time, you just link the cell to I84 on the lap times sheet. The problem with this is that it seems tooo easy. Only thing we are having a problem with is figuring out what possible charts to create

thanks for your reply, when i do this the cell generates 0 how are you linking the cell?, also the only idea our class came up with for a chart was a pie chart showing the spread of the stint laps to show that the car doesnt run our of fuel because it runs an even number of laps per refill but this doesnt seem right but i cant think of anything else :s-smilie:
Reply 37
Original post by grantlybudgen

for a chart we used final lap times for all 4 types of tyre but this seems a little complicated but this could work ?
@Gandalf - this is the formula that we used to link the cell ='Lap Times'!I84

@Sallyd - this could work. Wonder if it's enough though
beemine, i've attached the files for you. Got no idea why your centre haven't released the files for you. it's crazy!

Latest