An online society of super geniuses?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
FudgeMonkey
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
The more i read posts on this board (old and new), the stupider i feel. I constantly read posts like this one:

'I got pretty average GCSE 5 A* 3As and 2Bs and but I am capable of getting much bettter grades at A level. I didn't really take the GCSEs very seriously.'

Pretty average? PRETTY AVERAGE! I thought pretty average was 8c's, not 5 A*'s, 3A's and 2B's! This seems to be the attitude reflected through-out the forum, if someone our year got those grades they would easily be the smartest! Last year there were only 6 A*'s through-out all subject areas, 1 in French, 2 in English and 3 in Media studies. Now either i go to a really stupid school, or this is the smartest online society ever made!

Makes me feel like a fool, with my (predicted) grades of 1 C, 6B's and 5.5 A's!
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by FudgeMonkey)
The more i read posts on this board (old and new), the stupider i feel. I constantly read posts like this one:

'I got pretty average GCSE 5 A* 3As and 2Bs and but I am capable of getting much bettter grades at A level. I didn't really take the GCSEs very seriously.'

Pretty average? PRETTY AVERAGE! I thought pretty average was 8c's, not 5 A*'s, 3A's and 2B's! This seems to be the attitude reflected through-out the forum, if someone our year got those grades they would easily be the smartest! Last year there were only 6 A*'s through-out all subject areas, 1 in French, 2 in English and 3 in Media studies. Now either i go to a really stupid school, or this is the smartest online society ever made!

Yes, this forum is full of geniuses - Its waaaaay above anything in schools, miles ahead!

The average GCSE Grade in England is a High D.

I got 6A*'s and 4A's, and class myself on here as thick
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Begone, simpleton.
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
Begone, simpleton.
:confused:
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

I know what you mean, in the normal world getting a couple of As and the rest Bs means you are a genius.

They may be all clever but I know I'd win them all in a slanging match.
starry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I did very badly all throughout my school life and I come from a state school. This was through SATs and GCSEs.

Last year I got 6As for my AS levels so miracles do happen.

Fear not! I believe males have a longer mental gestational period - like me.
serendipity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
Begone, simpleton.
lol (no offence bono, you're great) good to have you back, Mr Dubya
SHANDY
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Rise above the rest and kick ass.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Beats my 2 A*, 1 A, 4Bs a 2 Cs
DazYa
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
yes but have you seen the majority of the peoples pictures on here?
Aylia
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Just remember (so many people have said this already lol) that this place is called UK Learning, and most people come to it at least in the first place for acedemic reasons. Also, people lie, they do, it's forum peer pressure I think!
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by DazYa)
Yes and it prooved my theory that 'clever people aren't attractive' wrong.
DazYa
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
comparing most of the people here to the outside world they are not particularly attractive, no.
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by DazYa)
comparing most of the people here to the outside world they are not particularly attractive, no.
Where's your picture?
starry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'd never post my pictures on this forum! Getting good grades has it's opportunity costs.
DazYa
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
wheres yours???
FudgeMonkey
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by DazYa)
LOL! Good point. It doesnt prove any theory though, i am sure ugly people won't post their pics - so it isnt fair. I can't see how some people get good grades, they seem to spend so much time on here. Would I be making a bit to big of a generalisation saying that, for over half the people on this board, this forum is there only source of 'fun'. Meh!
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by DazYa)
wheres yours???
I've already posted mine.
DazYa
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
where?
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by DazYa)
where?
It's gone now
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (177)
24.65%
Better than expected (145)
20.19%
Worse than expected (396)
55.15%

Watched Threads