An online society of super geniuses?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Sahir
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Seriously Daz looaaaads of clever people are attractive you know. The stereotypical mould for a geek doesn't always apply.

Some people get lucky genetically or something.

And really, how hard is it to get an A at GCSE? Not very.
john !!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by starry)
I did very badly all throughout my school life and I come from a state school. This was through SATs and GCSEs.

Last year I got 6As for my AS levels so miracles do happen.

Fear not! I believe males have a longer mental gestational period - like me.
6 As? Well done.
starry
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
No one would be so sad to lie about their grades. I'm dead chuffed with mine and keep showing off about my previously bad grades i.e. teachers thought I should go for remedial classes and medical checkups to check if I had dyslexia or any other ailments.
starry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by mik1a)
6 As? Well done.
Thank you. I am well pleased.
DazYa
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
www.geocities.com/badboykillauk/iloved.jpg
starry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
Are you sure?
If I hadn't been called a '******' all my life, having good grades would get me bullied a lot in school now. I don't think they're worth showing off about. I'm not strong enough to fend off bullies and I think that in today's world, having very bad grades has more of a rebel's appeal.

Like if I gave the image that I had 5Us for AS, that does sound quite cool no?
Ollie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by FudgeMonkey)
The more i read posts on this board (old and new), the stupider i feel. I constantly read posts like this one:

'I got pretty average GCSE 5 A* 3As and 2Bs and but I am capable of getting much bettter grades at A level. I didn't really take the GCSEs very seriously.'

Pretty average? PRETTY AVERAGE! I thought pretty average was 8c's, not 5 A*'s, 3A's and 2B's! This seems to be the attitude reflected through-out the forum, if someone our year got those grades they would easily be the smartest! Last year there were only 6 A*'s through-out all subject areas, 1 in French, 2 in English and 3 in Media studies. Now either i go to a really stupid school, or this is the smartest online society ever made!

Makes me feel like a fool, with my (predicted) grades of 1 C, 6B's and 5.5 A's!
just ignore the ego inflated idiots.

i got bbc for alevels ad i was happy
kildare
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My GCSE's are probably below average (amongst semi-regular posters) anyway and not only that but I was very happy with my results, I didn't find the exam's 'beneath me' nor did I spend the two years pissing around doing nothing. I don't see any reason why I should feel 'thick' compared to the majority of the board's posters though. I just think that the nature of the board means that people have their 'academic profile' put under scrutiny, something which wouldn't really happen on any other type of board.
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
Arrogance is a virtue.
starry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Good grades don't mean smart people.
FudgeMonkey
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)

i got bbc for alevels ad i was happy
Only 2/3 people that attended our school have ever gone to oxbridge, in the whole time that the school has been open(coming on 75 years i think)! Every1 on this board seems to be going. It was considered a huge acheivment for my brother to get into UCL!
DazYa
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
my dad got like 2 CSE's and um 2 a levels and is on around £67,000 a year lol
but that was in them days :P
kildare
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
Arrogance is a virtue.
No, by definition it's a vice. But anyway.
starry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
who even cares about stuff like this?
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by starry)
who even cares about stuff like this?
Whoever started the thread.
starry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
Whoever started the thread.
heh
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Only 2/3 people that attended our school have ever gone to oxbridge, in the whole time that the school has been open(coming on 75 years i think)! Every1 on this board seems to be going. It was considered a huge acheivment for my brother to get into UCL!
The majority of people from my school went on to University of Central Lancashire - Liverpool John Moores was considered a really good place to get into.

Only 1 person ever got into Oxbridge and less than one person a year would bother applying.

I was chuffed to bits with my BCD at A level (plus an A in general Studies )
DazYa
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
the guy who started the thread raised a good point
acidbubble
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

It is a huge acheivment, its just some ppl on here are really really bright.....(not me tho)
angelzland
Report 16 years ago
My GCSE grades were 7A*s and 2As and that was at the lower end in comparison to my mates, some got 10A*s and my school is only in the top 20, not top 10 or anything!
Sxxx
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the rest of the UK follow the Scottish Results changes announced?

Yes they should (206)
59.88%
No they should not (100)
29.07%
Abstain (38)
11.05%

Watched Threads