Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Seriously Daz looaaaads of clever people are attractive you know. The stereotypical mould for a geek doesn't always apply.

Some people get lucky genetically or something.

And really, how hard is it to get an A at GCSE? Not very.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starry)
    I did very badly all throughout my school life and I come from a state school. This was through SATs and GCSEs.

Last year I got 6As for my AS levels so miracles do happen.

Fear not! I believe males have a longer mental gestational period - like me.
    6 As? Well done.

ReputationRep:
    No one would be so sad to lie about their grades. I'm dead chuffed with mine and keep showing off about my previously bad grades i.e. teachers thought I should go for remedial classes and medical checkups to check if I had dyslexia or any other ailments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    6 As? Well done.
    Thank you. I am well pleased.

www.geocities.com/badboykillauk/iloved.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Are you sure?
    If I hadn't been called a 'retard' all my life, having good grades would get me bullied a lot in school now. I don't think they're worth showing off about. I'm not strong enough to fend off bullies and I think that in today's world, having very bad grades has more of a rebel's appeal.

Like if I gave the image that I had 5Us for AS, that does sound quite cool no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FudgeMonkey)
    The more i read posts on this board (old and new), the stupider i feel. I constantly read posts like this one:

'I got pretty average GCSE 5 A* 3As and 2Bs and but I am capable of getting much bettter grades at A level. I didn't really take the GCSEs very seriously.'

Pretty average? PRETTY AVERAGE! I thought pretty average was 8c's, not 5 A*'s, 3A's and 2B's! This seems to be the attitude reflected through-out the forum, if someone our year got those grades they would easily be the smartest! Last year there were only 6 A*'s through-out all subject areas, 1 in French, 2 in English and 3 in Media studies. Now either i go to a really stupid school, or this is the smartest online society ever made!

Makes me feel like a fool, with my (predicted) grades of 1 C, 6B's and 5.5 A's!
    just ignore the ego inflated idiots.

i got bbc for alevels ad i was happy

ReputationRep:
    My GCSE's are probably below average (amongst semi-regular posters) anyway and not only that but I was very happy with my results, I didn't find the exam's 'beneath me' nor did I spend the two years pissing around doing nothing. I don't see any reason why I should feel 'thick' compared to the majority of the board's posters though. I just think that the nature of the board means that people have their 'academic profile' put under scrutiny, something which wouldn't really happen on any other type of board.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    Arrogance is a virtue.

ReputationRep:
    Good grades don't mean smart people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)

i got bbc for alevels ad i was happy
    Only 2/3 people that attended our school have ever gone to oxbridge, in the whole time that the school has been open(coming on 75 years i think)! Every1 on this board seems to be going. It was considered a huge acheivment for my brother to get into UCL!

my dad got like 2 CSE's and um 2 a levels and is on around £67,000 a year lol
    but that was in them days :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    Arrogance is a virtue.
    No, by definition it's a vice. But anyway.

ReputationRep:
    who even cares about stuff like this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starry)
    who even cares about stuff like this?
    Whoever started the thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    Whoever started the thread.
    heh
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Only 2/3 people that attended our school have ever gone to oxbridge, in the whole time that the school has been open(coming on 75 years i think)! Every1 on this board seems to be going. It was considered a huge acheivment for my brother to get into UCL!
    The majority of people from my school went on to University of Central Lancashire - Liverpool John Moores was considered a really good place to get into.

Only 1 person ever got into Oxbridge and less than one person a year would bother applying.

I was chuffed to bits with my BCD at A level (plus an A in general Studies )

the guy who started the thread raised a good point

ReputationRep:

It is a huge acheivment, its just some ppl on here are really really bright.....(not me tho)

ReputationRep:
    My GCSE grades were 7A*s and 2As and that was at the lower end in comparison to my mates, some got 10A*s and my school is only in the top 20, not top 10 or anything!
    Sxxx

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.