Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Setting up a t-shirt business Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I know this is a bit of a long shot but perhaps some of you guys can help.

I am really keen on the idea of setting up my own business which involves designing tshirts and then selling the products. The main problem I am having is looking for an affordable way to have a design printed onto the t-shirt and where to buy the actual plain white tshirts from? Does anyone know a website that offers cheap screen printing services?

Maybe someone on here has already started a similar business so can offer advice?

ReputationRep:
    Weird, I was doodling a minute ago and was just thinking how cool it'd be to have a t-shirt business... *watches thread
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Can't you come up with anything even slightly more imaginative?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heyjay)
    Hi everyone, I know this is a bit of a long shot but perhaps some of you guys can help.

I am really keen on the idea of setting up my own business which involves designing tshirts and then selling the products. The main problem I am having is looking for an affordable way to have a design printed onto the t-shirt and where to buy the actual plain white tshirts from? Does anyone know a website that offers cheap screen printing services?

Maybe someone on here has already started a similar business so can offer advice?
    Go to your local college and ask, a lecturer of mine does his at the college he works at.

http://growabrainstore.bigcartel.com/products

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tateco)
    Can't you come up with anything even slightly more imaginative?
    No.

I am good at designing things so they arent going to look tacky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11flon)
    Weird, I was doodling a minute ago and was just thinking how cool it'd be to have a t-shirt business... *watches thread
    Ive thought about it for a while but recently I have this drive to actually get round to doing it!
    Lets hope more people answer on this thread.

ReputationRep:
    i know someone who has just started their own! https://www.facebook.com/notdeadforlongclothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MutantGecko)
    i know someone who has just started their own! https://www.facebook.com/notdeadforlongclothing
    Oooh and are they getting a lot of customers? how much do they charge for a tshirt?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heyjay)
    Oooh and are they getting a lot of customers? how much do they charge for a tshirt?
    not sure tbh, i bought one and i know some people who have.

they charge £10 per shirt, and they bought 1000 shirts for £2000. they are made and printed in china.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MutantGecko)
    not sure tbh, i bought one and i know some people who have.

they charge £10 per shirt, and they bought 1000 shirts for £2000. they are made and printed in china.
    Oh China you say? was hoping I could test the waters first before thinking of producing in China.
    £10 a tshirt is pretty cheap, I was hoping to sell mine for £12 to £15

Poll
Is GoT overrated?
Useful resources
How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.