The Student Room Group

What degree with these A level's?

Hi I'm a first year undergraduate student studying physics but I'm potentially looking at changing degree.

Here's what I have;
A levels: A*Graphic Design, A Maths, B Physics. AS level: A art

Any suggestions?
Reply 1
Original post by stuckstudent
Hi I'm a first year undergraduate student studying physics but I'm potentially looking at changing degree.

Here's what I have;
A levels: A*Graphic Design, A Maths, B Physics. AS level: A art

Any suggestions?

Based on your subjects alone I'd suggest Architecture, Product Design or Engineering, but it's hard to give you the best suggestions without knowing where your preferences lie/what you enjoy. :redface:
Product design, Architecture possibly. But Engineering? No.
Screams architecture but really this is a question you need to be asking yourself.
Reply 4
Original post by Sam Walters
Product design, Architecture possibly. But Engineering? No.

Why not? :redface: I think it's too hard to rule things out until we hear what the OP is interested in. Just because they did 2 arts subjects doesn't mean that they're restricted to something 'artsy'; we don't know how creative they want their degree to be just based on their A-Levels. Engineering has a creative aspect. Yeah, it's not as 'artsy' as architecture (for example), but for all we know it could the kind of thing that they're looking for.

The only thing that made me have to think twice about suggesting engineering was that I don't know how OP feels about physics since they're dropping out of it at uni. However, the aspects of physics that are in engineering might be the ones that they enjoy so I thought I'd throw it out there it anyway. :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
I wouldn't go near architecture at all, I originally wanted to be an architect (hence the a level choices) but then realized that I'd study for 7 years, struggle to find a job and then earn about as much as a waiter for the first few years. I don't want this at all!

I was looking into doing human sciences, seems like something that would be interesting as I'm very interested in biological sciences.
Original post by Bromine
Why not? :redface: I think it's too hard to rule things out until we hear what the OP is interested in. Just because they did 2 arts subjects doesn't mean that they're restricted to something 'artsy'; we don't know how creative they want their degree to be just based on their A-Levels. Engineering has a creative aspect. Yeah, it's not as 'artsy' as architecture (for example), but for all we know it could the kind of thing that they're looking for.

The only thing that made me have to think twice about suggesting engineering was that I don't know how OP feels about physics since they're dropping out of it at uni. However, the aspects of physics that are in engineering might be the ones that they enjoy so I thought I'd throw it out there it anyway. :tongue:

Just for the sake of, if hes not enjoying a physics degree then what he would experience on a mechanical engineering degree would not be too diffrent. This is from having looked at the material that my friend is taking on his mechanical degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending