ferr
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I have conditional offers at all three of these uni's
with ravensbourne and lcc I got into the 2nd year
whereas with Chelsea I got into the 1st year.
At the moment I'm considering lcc as first choice
and putting ravensbourne as 2nd but I'm kinda worried
that I'm making a bad choice by turning chelsea down...
all three choices are for BA graphic design..
Kai Hiwatari
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Personally, I would go with Chelsea first, for the fact that it has strong links with industry, in a lovely area, doesn't seem as pretentious as the other UAL colleges and its got a really nice atmosphere. Then LCC - who are known for graphics, have brilliant facilities and also good links with industry. I wouldn't go for Ravensbourne as its completely digital and you won't get any experience in traditional print processes or crafts. However, it is about what you want to get out of your course! Have you been to visit all of them? I would go for whichever uni you could see yourself going to and enjoying rather than base it on which year you start in =)
l.j.s18ftw
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ferr)
I have conditional offers at all three of these uni's
with ravensbourne and lcc I got into the 2nd year
whereas with Chelsea I got into the 1st year.
At the moment I'm considering lcc as first choice
and putting ravensbourne as 2nd but I'm kinda worried
that I'm making a bad choice by turning chelsea down...
all three choices are for BA graphic design..
Can I see your graphic work, since they let straight onto the second year?
Do you have a flickr?
cozy boy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
yeah it would be good to see your graphic work too.

i am currently at lcc in the first year of graphic and media design but i am probably going to leave and start somewhere else in september for a few different reasons. Our year (the one you would join) is different to the previous year they use to pick pathways but now we have a more general graphic design course however because of this the class sizes are big 50 people per class and there's three classes. We don't have tutor groups we have rotating tutors monday we have one set friday we have another (kinda depends on the person if you like this).

The facilities, name/rep and links are all great though so it's up to you, i know that me and quite a few others were very disappointed especially coming from foundation (great tutors on that course) there we expected the same quality. some people do like it though and things might change alot in the second year but i dunno.

If you do go, do the year in industry because that to me is the only reason LCC deserves it's "prestigious" name (well and the facilities)
ferr
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I know that there are less students on the BA at ravensbourne so
there would be more opportunities and contact time with tutors..

cozy boy how come you wanna leave LCC?
cozy boy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't really want to bad mouth lcc cause there are some really good things about it but i think it's because they changed it for our year there isn't one particular tutor you get to know and because of that they don't really know your way of working/thinking (this could be good in some ways though).

Projects have been quite boring so far because we've basically just been stuck in indesign (i am glad i've learned how to use it though but now its getting a bit repetitive).

we're in monday and friday full days and only 2 hours thursday to me that's not enough.

Our groups aren't that familiar with each other, you get to meet people but it seems like it's really slow (which was the opposite on the foundation there everyone got to know each other quick and even with a lot of work was more social) there are a lot of cool and friendly people on the course at the moment though so that's good.

also because i've lived in london my whole life i want a change.
Sayeed
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I got offers from both LCC and Ravensbourne for BA Graphic design I'm finding it extremely hard to choose between the two, Ravensbourne is all shiny and modern but LCC is better known for Graphic design most likely I'll end up choosing lcc but the more I read these forums the more I change my mind xD
Amyvhem
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Interior and spatial design at UAL (Chelsea campus) or interior and environmental architecture at Ravensbourne WHICH gives you the option to carry on to be an architect which nowhere else does/I can't seem to find anywhere else that does. I asked at my interview at UAL and she said you'd have to start from the very first year of architecture... so potential 10 years!! Of uni if I change my mind OR a lot of regret that I didn't choose ravensbourne...
UAL has such a good reputation but already I've noticed they don't have as much time for you as ravenbourne... UAL interview was 10 mins, Ravensbourne was 1hr, can't even seem to find an open day at UAL, the ravensbourne one was actually really good even found the teachers quite inspirational and really easy to talk to. Also I think the intake was like 90 students at UAL and 45 at Ravensbourne. Ravensbourne also seem really well connected with industry...
I feel like I've kinda answered my own question already, but opinions please??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
22.3%
Excited but a bit nervous (129)
44.95%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.54%
I'm really nervous (58)
20.21%

Watched Threads