This discussion is closed.
SAM*
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
hi everyone!

I had an inteview with UCL on the 12th of Feb for medicine and haven't had a reply yet, they said 14 days but some people i met on the same day who also had their interviews got offers last Friday (on UCAS website only)! two other people i know also had their offers about 9 days after! Does this probably mean i've been rejected? How long have others waited?
Insatiable
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Try not to worry about it. Give them the full 14 days and if you still haven't heard anything you can try contacting the admissions office. There should be a contact number somewhere on the uni's website.

Best of luck to you!
Lucy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hey Sam,

Don't stress! I know two people who've had interviews recently, around the 10th of Feb, neither have heard anything yet. Until 14 days has passed, there is no reason to worry - in most cases, 14 days means 14 days. I know it sounds hard but don't worry needlessly when there is no reason to It also depends on whether or not your interview panel was pro-active about contacting UCAS - different interviewers will confirm places quicker than others. Good luck and try not to worry !

Lucy
SAM*
(Original post by Lucy)
Hey Sam,

Don't stress! I know two people who've had interviews recently, around the 10th of Feb, neither have heard anything yet. Until 14 days has passed, there is no reason to worry - in most cases, 14 days means 14 days. I know it sounds hard but don't worry needlessly when there is no reason to It also depends on whether or not your interview panel was pro-active about contacting UCAS - different interviewers will confirm places quicker than others. Good luck and try not to worry !

Lucy
Hi Lucy!

You probably know by know i am the stress queen! i think it could be a medical condition! So so the actual interviewers call UCAS up?
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by SAM*)
Hi Lucy!

You probably know by know i am the stress queen! i think it could be a medical condition! So so the actual interviewers call UCAS up?
Well, they inform UCAS by some means to tell them about the outcome of your application. i.e.) offer or rejection.

Some are quicker than others.
Lucy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
Well, they inform UCAS by some means to tell them about the outcome of your application. i.e.) offer or rejection.

Some are quicker than others.
Yeah, the interviewers normally inform the administration office first who then go on to inform UCAS. Some interviewers take longer to decide/pass on the info. It's the same concept anyway, so don't worry, you'll know soon enough !
SAM*
(Original post by Lucy)
Yeah, the interviewers normally inform the administration office first who then go on to inform UCAS. Some interviewers take longer to decide/pass on the info. It's the same concept anyway, so don't worry, you'll know soon enough !
HEY!

I've been rejected yet again! i really dunno why- i thought it went ok i'm so upset and kinda givin up hope!:-(
ruthiepoothie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by SAM*)
HEY!

I've been rejected yet again! i really dunno why- i thought it went ok i'm so upset and kinda givin up hope!:-(
don't give up- have you got any uni'd left to hear from?
Lucy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by SAM*)
HEY!

Really sorry to hear that Sam, I know that this isn't very reassuring but in the end it only takes one offer to get you onto the road to becoming a doctor. I think all your other choices are fab, Imperial and Bart's are still up there with the rest of them - don't give up hope, it's a really competitive course so it is normal not to receive all four offers. I think that you would make a great medical student and hopefully next time round the interviewers will see that too. Hang in there, you've still got a really good chance of going to medical school
SAM*
(Original post by Lucy)
Really sorry to hear that Sam, I know that this isn't very reassuring but in the end it only takes one offer to get you onto the road to becoming a doctor. I think all your other choices are fab, Imperial and Bart's are still up there with the rest of them - don't give up hope, it's a really competitive course so it is normal not to receive all four offers. I think that you would make a great medical student and hopefully next time round the interviewers will see that too. Hang in there, you've still got a really good chance of going to medical school
Thanks Lucy! Its really hard to keep going thpugh especially if i don't know wot i done wrong!?! xx
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by SAM*)
HEY!

Wow, thats surprising, I am really sorry to hear that.
Lucy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by SAM*)
Thanks Lucy! Its really hard to keep going thpugh especially if i don't know wot i done wrong!?! xx
Hey Sam,

I wouldn't take it too much to heart - it really depends on a number of things, namely what your interview panel is like. They can be really nit-picky so it could be something really small. I don't think there were any problems with your UCAS form because they invited you for an interview (and they do have a deselection process pre-interviews). No doubt, excellent candidates slip through the net because it's really hard to see someone's potential in a mere 10-15 minutes. I think an element of luck is involved so hopefully next time you'll be more prepared for the layout and be more relaxed to take them on
SAM*
(Original post by Lucy)
Hey Sam,

I wouldn't take it too much to heart - it really depends on a number of things, namely what your interview panel is like. They can be really nit-picky so it could be something really small. I don't think there were any problems with your UCAS form because they invited you for an interview (and they do have a deselection process pre-interviews). No doubt, excellent candidates slip through the net because it's really hard to see someone's potential in a mere 10-15 minutes. I think an element of luck is involved so hopefully next time you'll be more prepared for the layout and be more relaxed to take them on
Thanks Lucy! i feel better now, thanks for the advice, lets just hope i do better next time!x
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by SAM*)
Thanks Lucy! i feel better now, thanks for the advice, lets just hope i do better next time!x
It probably isn't about your own peformance, sometimes interviewers make bad decisions, or there just isn't enough room.

There is an element of luck involved, unless you are *outstanding* as in jaw-droppingly intelligent, which VERY FEW are.

All the best for imperial and barts application though, hopefully you will get a well deserved offer - think on the bright side, Imperial is a top, top uni and there is still a fair chance you would get in.

Hope it brightens up.
SAM*
(Original post by bono)
It probably isn't about your own peformance, sometimes interviewers make bad decisions, or there just isn't enough room.

There is an element of luck involved, unless you are *outstanding* as in jaw-droppingly intelligent, which VERY FEW are.

All the best for imperial and barts application though, hopefully you will get a well deserved offer - think on the bright side, Imperial is a top, top uni and there is still a fair chance you would get in.

Hope it brightens up.
Thank u for all ur support! i have a bart's interview really scared!
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by SAM*)
Thank u for all ur support! i have a bart's interview really scared!
Don't be, just try and be confident and take each question as it comes in the real thing.

I am confident you will get an offer.
SAM*
(Original post by bono)
Don't be, just try and be confident and take each question as it comes in the real thing.

I am confident you will get an offer.
Tanks mate! u and Lucy are so supportive, i appreciate u guys supportin me through this sooooooo much!!!xxx
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by SAM*)
Tanks mate! u and Lucy are so supportive, i appreciate u guys supportin me through this sooooooo much!!!xxx
No worries, alhough I am sure Lucy is waaaay more helpful than I am because she is a medical applicant herself and has just gone through the whole procedure, therefore her advice is most helpful.

I hope it does go well, just try and forget about the rejections and concentrate on your next 2 possible offers
Lucy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by SAM*)
i have a bart's interview really scared!
oo, good luck ! This link might be helpful if you haven't seen it already (it's basically all the questions which have been asked to previous Barts applicants who go on that forum):

http://www.admissionsforum.co.uk/sho...?threadid=6446

Try not to worry, the more relaxed you are the better you will perform. Just make sure you're on top of the usual current affairs, personal statement etc. and that's all your can really do for preparation. Just take it in your stride
SAM*
(Original post by Lucy)
oo, good luck ! This link might be helpful if you haven't seen it already (it's basically all the questions which have been asked to previous Barts applicants who go on that forum):

http://www.admissionsforum.co.uk/sho...?threadid=6446

Try not to worry, the more relaxed you are the better you will perform. Just make sure you're on top of the usual current affairs, personal statement etc. and that's all your can really do for preparation. Just take it in your stride
Thank you! the link is really helpfull! Have Imperial contacted you yet?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the rest of the UK follow the Scottish Results changes announced?

Yes they should (91)
52.91%
No they should not (61)
35.47%
Abstain (20)
11.63%

Watched Threads