Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Good luck sam for your remaining two - Im sure that they will probably snap you up! I know how hard it is - Ive applied for Vet med not Med - but you still want it just as much. As the others have said - put your best foot forward and just take the interviews as well as you can - be yourself that is the best thing you can do - dont be over prepared and think confident. If you believe you can get a place - you will! Good luck and let us know how you get on!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAM*)
    Have Imperial contacted you yet?
    Nope

Also my friend had an interview there last week (just received her offer today !) and this is what she was asked:

-Where are you coming from? Was the journey ok?
    -About the video (3 mins of a GP consultation) - what did you think? what would you have done differently?
    -What do you think about problem-based learning?
    -Why QMW?
    -Tell me about a medical issue that is current in the news.
    -Tell me about AIDS/HIV (personal statement related)
    -Why do you want to do medicine?
    -What skills do you have that would be useful? What other skills does a doctor need?
    -Tell me about the biological review (personal statement related).
    -Where is it published? (Manchester University)
    -What article have you read recently?
    -What is the bad aspect about you i.e. weakness?
    -Do you have any questions?

Other applicants were asked to name 5 antibiotics. Apparently the interviewers generally are really lovely so try not to worry too much about that !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)
    Nope

Also my friend had an interview there last week (just received her offer today !) and this is what she was asked:

-Where are you coming from? Was the journey ok?
    -About the video (3 mins of a GP consultation) - what did you think? what would you have done differently?
    -What do you think about problem-based learning?
    -Why QMW?
    -Tell me about a medical issue that is current in the news.
    -Tell me about AIDS/HIV (personal statement related)
    -Why do you want to do medicine?
    -What skills do you have that would be useful? What other skills does a doctor need?
    -Tell me about the biological review (personal statement related).
    -Where is it published? (Manchester University)
    -What article have you read recently?
    -What is the bad aspect about you i.e. weakness?
    -Do you have any questions?

Other applicants were asked to name 5 antibiotics. Apparently the interviewers generally are really lovely so try not to worry too much about that !
    Tanx Lucy! i'm eagerly taking note of these questions-cheers! oh i found out Imperial interview until 7th April so you should be hearing for an interview from them soon!xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAM*)
    Tanx Lucy! i'm eagerly taking note of these questions-cheers! oh i found out Imperial interview until 7th April so you should be hearing for an interview from them soon!xx
    Oh well, I will have to wait and see Oh yeah, I'm not sure if you will find this very useful but before I go for an interview I spend a bit of time talking to myself (lol ), answering questions like "Why medicine?", "Tell me about an interesting article you have read." etc. I find it really helps you to 'get in the mood' and helps clarify what you want to bring across in the interview. Weird, I know (but better than getting tongue-tied in the middle of an interview )!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.