The Student Room Group

5'6 and 9 Stone 7lbs but don't feel thin- I want to lose more!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Tbh i skipped half of the posts on here, due to it being people squabling and not actually addressing your question. I am 5ft 10 and jus over 10st so it is likely that I have pretty much the same figure as you (although i would love to have thinner legs). I to have a round face, and i always have had. I have played netball for 11yrs but this has not in the slightest affected the shape of my face. My advise to you, would be that if you want to take up exercise, good on you, but regulate it, as if you over-do it you could be doing more harm than good to your body. This regulated exercise should also help to tone your stomach. In reply to what some others have said, abdominal crunches/sit ups can be good for toning, but if not done properly they can cause serious problems for your lower back, so be careful if you are to include them in your exercise.

Hope this has helped. x
Original post by No Future
5'11 and 126lbs = bmi 17.6. That is by medical standards, underweight

Possibly. I may be tall, but I'm quite a lean build naturally, so for example I have tiny wrists.

BMI is not always accurate, you'd never think I was underweight if you saw me.
I don’t mean to be blunt but, weight is irrelevant! Muscle weighs more than fatI wake up every morning and weigh myself and sometimes the scale will say a weight and I feel pretty good other days I let it bother me.......I SHOULDNT!Woman hold so much water and our weight differs all the time! I say, high protein and no low fat foods! Anything low fat has LOADS of sugar in! Fat is good, just pick the right fats and carbs and your good
Hiya, like everyone else here has said you are a healthy weight. I just wanted to say that my best friend and I are both 5 ft 6. She wears maybe one size bigger clothing than me? And she looks very slim. You'd think we were a very similar weight with slightly different fat distribution (read: our bodies are similar except I have A cups and she has D cups!) however there's 2 stone difference in our weight. She weighs just over 9 and a half stone, I weigh just over 7 and a half. And if you're a similar build to her then I can say with certainty that you're not overweight or chubby in the slightest! Also, losing weight may not fix your problem areas. I'm fairly slim but I still have a round face and quite big thighs. I'd have to get seriously underweight to get that cheekbone look and tbh I wouldn't want to. If your face isn't meant to have that structure then it won't look good on you. If you google Ashley Graham, you'll see she has damn good cheekbones (enhanced by makeup, yes, but she still has that bone structure) and she's a plus size model. It's got nothing to do with weight, it's about genetics. You'll look gaunt and ill if you try and force it
i'm 5,1 ft and 6,9 stone i'm underweight but i don't feel thin either. i always thouht i was fat but in the ends it shows that i'm underweight. I was always insecure of my weight but in the end it shows that i just need to be happy with who i am. Just that i'm not overweight is already good to be happy with. But i actually got a lot of muscles so if that would be gone i will in the end be lighter i would like to actually gain weight tho. I dealt with depression and insecurenes of my body. Dont try to lose weight you will in the end want to only lose more weight.
(edited 5 years ago)
If you want to lose the extra weight.....go vegan. Cow milk like all mammals is full of growth hormones to make their babies grow big and fast. Cow breast milk also has four or five times more the hormone levels than human breast milk because cows grow so big and are a prey animal so need to grow quickly to survive. Honestly cutting out dairy will strip the weight off you. You can replace with vegan alternatives like soya milk, nut millk, oat milk,,, coconut milk etc same with butter. Unfortunately vegan cheese doesn't taste so good but normal cheese is concentrated hormones so best avoided.I'm 5ft 4 been 12 stone most of my life, struggled with diet my whole life. Went vegan at 27, started dropping weight instantly, got to 8,7 stone and feel better than I ever have. I am now 31. Just make sure that you do weight training as if you lose weight and don't build muscle you will feel weak regardless of how you lose the weight.Trust me see if you can go vegan for 21 days and come back on here and let us know how you got on. There is a 21day challenge on the net somewhere with tips and recipes. Honestly wish someone had told me about it sooner.... especially when it comes to weight loss 👍
There is your problem, comparing yourself to air brushed pictures. No one is perfect but what is perfect? That’s up to you. In 10 years time you will have wished you used your time to enjoy yourself not get caught up with the hype. Try volunteering to help people that’s what makes people attractive not the size of a dress. People looking at you are not seeing your mirror anyway. Life is too short go get one.
Original post by No longer an 8
There is your problem, comparing yourself to air brushed pictures. No one is perfect but what is perfect? That’s up to you. In 10 years time you will have wished you used your time to enjoy yourself not get caught up with the hype. Try volunteering to help people that’s what makes people attractive not the size of a dress. People looking at you are not seeing your mirror anyway. Life is too short go get one.

It has been 10 years.

Quick Reply

Latest