The Student Room Group

HHow do greggs contact you after interview?

Hello, i had an interview with greggs, on their website it says they will let you know outcome of interview by email, do they call you to let you know? or is it only by email? thanks

Scroll to see replies

I got a phone call when I got a job there, but that was a good few years ago now, so things may have changed.
Reply 2
Original post by truthandtragedy
I got a phone call when I got a job there, but that was a good few years ago now, so things may have changed.

I had interview at 9.30, then a missed call from private number at 4.20 so thought it was them but no voicemail. They said i would know by end of the week, i just wanted to know if they do it by email like they do if they invite you to interview.
Thanks for answering
Reply 3
It was a phone call for me, at 9am so make sure youre up bright and early :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by jellybean_
It was a phone call for me, at 9am so make sure youre up bright and early :tongue:

I sleep next to my phone so should hear it lol. :wink:
i got a phone call saying that I got the job, i'll be starting in 2 weeks :biggrin: if they dont call you within 7 days of the interview then i would be worried, GOOD LUCK tho
Reply 6
Original post by tashareginax
i got a phone call saying that I got the job, i'll be starting in 2 weeks :biggrin: if they dont call you within 7 days of the interview then i would be worried, GOOD LUCK tho

Yeah i was accepted 5 days after i had to phone them but i rejected their offer as the interviewer said wait for the letter to come to say i've been accepted and once i did get it, it didnt bother telling me the hours or days i would be working and i had to call up again and was told i would be called back as the manager weren't in but no one did call back, so thought im not chasing them.
Original post by chikane
Yeah i was accepted 5 days after i had to phone them but i rejected their offer as the interviewer said wait for the letter to come to say i've been accepted and once i did get it, it didnt bother telling me the hours or days i would be working and i had to call up again and was told i would be called back as the manager weren't in but no one did call back, so thought im not chasing them.

Thats a shame, I'm suprised they didnt mention the hours, on mine it tells me my first day of work and the times :s-smilie: so i take it you didnt end up going to the induction then?
Reply 8
Original post by tashareginax
Thats a shame, I'm suprised they didnt mention the hours, on mine it tells me my first day of work and the times :s-smilie: so i take it you didnt end up going to the induction then?

No i didnt it i currently work at primark since jan so wanted to find something else and i just felt they werent bothered so i thought there would be other opportunities. Oh well..
Reply 9
I applied to Greggs and got a interview and went, however its been 4 days and they still haven't called back, should i call them to find out the outcome?
My friend applied to Greggs a couple months back and they called her 2 days after her interview to offer her the job.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by samihf
I applied to Greggs and got a interview and went, however its been 4 days and they still haven't called back, should i call them to find out the outcome?
My friend applied to Greggs a couple months back and they called her 2 days after her interview to offer her the job.

They don't call back, they wrap a letter advising whether you've passed or failed around a stale Cornish pasty and lob it through your window.

If you live on the 2nd floor or above it'll take longer to hear back as they need to source a colleague with a strong throwing arm from the distribution centre.

Love you xxx
Reply 11
Original post by samihf

When I had my interview they said they'll reply to me in a weeks time but they didn't.

After 2-3 weeks I got a phone call and was offered the job :smile:

In my case they didn't email me whether I got the job or not - They only called me

But they did email me about my induction information
Reply 12
Thanks for telling me, how did your interview go?
Reply 13
Original post by samihf
Thanks for telling me, how did your interview go?

Yeah it went okay I guess :smile:

He reassured me to be comfortable and it was quite laid back

I got stuck on a few harder questions but he was very understanding :biggrin:

I've started my training these past few weeks

What kind of hours/days had you applied for? :smile:
Reply 14
Hi, just wanted to let you know, i got the job :wink: thank you for all your help
and I applied to do full time work :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by samihf
Hi, just wanted to let you know, i got the job :wink: thank you for all your help
and I applied to do full time work :smile:

Aww congrats!! :smile:

Hope you like working there :biggrin:

If you don't mind me asking - Is your shop in London?

And are you training at your own shop or another shop?
Reply 16
Got a voicemail today asking to call back regarding my recent interview. Is this good?
At the interview the woman said she wasn't supposed to tell me but I had been successful and got the job but the recruitment place would ring me within 7 days, this was last Saturday. Is there a number I can ring to enquire?
Reply 18
Hey Guys
I've just recently finished my training period and started to work at my actual shop
I have a question
I have a 12 hour weekend contract as a team member but these past few weeks I've been working for 15 hours (They haven't even asked me if I want to do these hours but I personally don't mind) -Saturday 6 hours and Sunday 9 hours (8am-5pm which is a full day) and I get 2x15 min breaks which are paid
The thing about the 8am-5pm hours is that by the time we clean and finish everything up - We leave and lock the shop by 6pm (Sometimes 5:30pm)
Am I supposed to be paid for that extra 1 hour? Is it allowed? I feel its quite unfair to work for an extra hour and not get paid
Reply 19
Gregg's is hell!!!!!
They don't pay you for any extra half hour or so after closing and when you ask them about it they just reduce your hours even more.
I worked there for 6 months and was so glad to leave.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending