Peter Kay Watch

Raspy
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Just wondering what evryones opinion of this guy is. have heard he is much more popular up north than down south, any truth in this? personally see him as a damn good comedian but thought max and paddy wer below the standards of pheonix nights. not bad stand up either, but really, who can compete with lee evans?
Superman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hes a top guy. Down south a i know plenty of poeple that love him. Hes seen as such a great comic because of the fact that everyone can relate to him and points out the most common of situations.

However i have found that he has not really come up with a lot of new stand up material as far as I can tell.

I found it very annoying that he released live at manchester and it was just the same as the other two stand up dvds and had very very little new material.

I should think he would go on tour again this year and bring out another live dvd for christmas if not before.
beecher
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
He's quite funny, but thank god people have stopped quoting him all the damn time.
kinkajou
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oh i LOVE peter kay. he's just so funny. i know his bolton albert hall show off by heart! & the blackpool tower one. that's really quite sad :p:
Raspy
yeah i wer annoyed at dat aswell. not seen that workout dvd thing yet tho so no idea wot thats like either
qwerty_st/n
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
totally love him. phoenix nights is the best, his stand up material's pretty good, although i think it's getting a bit tired.
Raspy
well after christ knows how long of sitting in an italian saying "garlic bread?" to the waiter youd think it would be getting tired!
Retro.spex
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
sometimes hes funny but sometimes he is also racist...
Raspy
Oh i LOVE peter kay. he's just so funny. i know his bolton albert hall show off by heart! & the blackpool tower one. that's really quite sad
Well...Yeah. Don't Blame You Tho, T'is damn good
Dutchess of Doncaster
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
He's brilliant. As a girl brought up by a northern mother everything he says about families rings true! Turn on't big light
Raspy
20 goin in marion: good old greggs bakers. you could go on for hours...
Dhesi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
"She looked at me like id come into her house on christmas day and pissed on her kids" - Peter Kay

Pure genious.
Naino
Report 12 years ago
He's good, but his humour is just sayin the stuff you'd hear in working man's club or pub on any sunday or saturday lunchtime.
realicetic
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
peter kay is pure genius is my opinion. 'hobnobs...the marines of the biscuit world...AGAIN AGAIN!!' I think its true though, all my southern friends just dont get it as much as i do!!
lazydays
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
lo. yeah. i was talking to someone down south a couple of yrs ago about him, saying has good he is and they were like WTF? But they've now been enlightened. He was SO funny at live8 introducing The Who!
Mellie
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I love him. He's like everyone I know, rolled up into one.

I could have died laughing during his joke about "Bullseye" and his sister's confusion about who gets the kitchen at the end, do they cut it in half etc. Because that very day, my sister had said the EXACT thing to me when we were watching a re-run on challenge.

The teletext thing and emergency chairs...HAHAHAH
Dhesi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Is it true he no longer does stand up?
Capetta
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Dhesi)
Is it true he no longer does stand up?
Nope he is taking time off from doing tours to spend time at home with his little boy.
SaccerZD
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
everything he says is just really down to earth and you can relate to it... it's all true. about emergency chairs, etc..

(Original post by Serina_M)
sometimes he is also racist...
care to elaborate? when exactly is he racist?
Liam The Eagle
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm southern and I get him
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (221)
28.01%
No (568)
71.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise