TSR Hindu Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AppleB)
    I agree with not sacrificing animals
    They seem cool

You're from Kenya???? :woo:
    Thanks for the link
    Lool nowadays whenever people hear that I'm from Kenya, they treat me like some celebrity
    Its literally like any other country people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssshah2)
    Lool nowadays whenever people hear that I'm from Kenya, they treat me like some celebrity
    Its literally like any other country people!
    Is it hard being a Hindu in Kenya?

ReputationRep:
    Is it hard being a Hindu in Kenya?
    Of course not!! There are sooo many of us here, several temples. We also have many community centres. Some would say that we are the dominant economic community in the country.
    In fact, Hindus have been here since the 19th century at the very least.

P.S.Narendra Modi is coming here next month

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssshah2)
    Of course not!! There are sooo many of us here, several temples. We also have many community centres. Some would say that we are the dominant economic community in the country.
    In fact, Hindus have been here since the 19th century at the very least.

P.S.Narendra Modi is coming here next month
    Oh wow!
    That's sooo cool!!!
    Are you going to meet him??

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    'Vedanta declares that religion is here and now, because the question of this life and that life, of life and death, this world and that world, is merely one of superstition and prejudice.

[...]

So, says Vedanta, religion is to be realised now. And for you to become religious means that you will start without any religion, work your way up and realise things, see things for yourself; and when you have done that, then, and then alone, you have religion.

Before that you are no better than atheists, or worse, because the atheist is sincere — he stands up and says, "I do not know about these things — while those others do not know but go about the world, saying, "We are very religious people." What religion they have no one knows, because they have swallowed some grandmother's story, and priests have asked them to believe these things.'

- The Methods and Purpose of Religion, Volume 6, The Complete Works of Swami Vivekananda

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

I'll be leaving TSR tonight and consequently won't be the Group Leader of the Hindu Soc any more. It's been a great honour and privilege to be the leader of this Soc for the last 8 months (even if it was dead most of the time :lol:).

Without further ado, I present to you the new leader of the Hindu Soc, MrsSheldonCooper and hope you all support her by keeping this thread alive and helping her correct misconceptions of Hinduism whenever required.

Satya Sanatana Dharma Ki Jai!

ReputationRep:
    Namaste oh mighty Queen MrsSheldonCooper

May her rule be as savage as her wit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atlas Thugged)
    Namaste oh mighty Queen MrsSheldonCooper

May her rule be as savage as her wit
    Cheers hun

So much power

ReputationRep:
    Nucdev shall be missed

halllooooooo MrsSheldonCooper

ReputationRep:
    Nucdev shall be missed

halllooooooo MrsSheldonCooper
    Hiiiiiii :*

Free samosas and puppies for all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Hiiiiiii :*

Free samosas and puppies for all

Oooooohhh samosas
    :coma:
    K I'm up for it
    LOOL

I like them crunchy

Pupppppiiiieeeesssss
    YAAAAAAAAY :ahee:
    They're so cute aaaww

I love piglets too :teehee:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by nucdev)
    Hey everyone,

I'll be leaving TSR tonight and consequently won't be the Group Leader of the Hindu Soc any more. It's been a great honour and privilege to be the leader of this Soc for the last 8 months (even if it was dead most of the time :lol:).

Without further ado, I present to you the new leader of the Hindu Soc, MrsSheldonCooper and hope you all support her by keeping this thread alive and helping her correct misconceptions of Hinduism whenever required.

Why are you leaving us mere bhai?? *

ReputationRep:

Oooooohhh samosas
    :coma:
    K I'm up for it
    LOOL

I like them crunchy

Pupppppiiiieeeesssss
    YAAAAAAAAY :ahee:
    They're so cute aaaww

I love piglets too :teehee:

You're welcome

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

T'was great knowing you nucdev, and I commend your efforts in helping us understand our faith better.

Satya Sanatana Dharma Ki Jai

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

Good bye dear friend. I wish you the best of luck in life. I've known you for a very little while but it was great meeting you.
    All the best!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)

You're welcome
    AAAAAAAHHHHHH YEEEEEAH OMG MY FEELS
    sooooo cute right??
    :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    MrsSheldonCooper Thanks for the follow

ReputationRep:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2018
Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.