The Student Room Group

Any experience with these AS levels?

Scroll to see replies

I do Economics with AQA as the exam board,
I really enjoy this subject and must say its one of my favourite subjects!
You need to learn the content is detail and then apply this to the exam questions :smile:
Edited OP :awesome:
I seem to be overusing that emoticon recently...
Reply 22
EDEXCEL Politics is the easiest of your subject. I did it at AS and achieved a B without any hard work really. Its all about evidence and analyses. Very straight forward exam in my opinion. In addition you will have no politics exam in JAN, its all in the summer season :biggrin:
Original post by lilyobz
EDEXCEL Politics is the easiest of your subject. I did it at AS and achieved a B without any hard work really. Its all about evidence and analyses. Very straight forward exam in my opinion. In addition you will have no politics exam in JAN, its all in the summer season :biggrin:

Thankyou very much, did you use any particular sites or books, or just your notes really?
Reply 24
Original post by Alexandra's Box
Thankyou very much, did you use any particular sites or books, or just your notes really?

I had a great teacher so I mainly just used my notes from lesson. If i had a few gaps I used the textbook.
Original post by lilyobz
I had a great teacher so I mainly just used my notes from lesson. If i had a few gaps I used the textbook.

Alright, thanks for your help :tongue:
Reply 26
I did biology and chemistry on the same boards as you... i just used the cgp guides for revision which worked fine for me
i would say to do lots of past papers because aqa mark schemes tend to be a bit random and chemistry as is quite different to gcse
Reply 27
I did chem A for OCR and as long as you keep updated and don't fall behind on content you should be fine. Do past papers and look through them thoroughly and understand where you've gone wrong etc.
Thanks!
I do aqa biology, the content isn't too bad but it may take a while to get your head round some things. The worst part for me is the how science works and graph type questions in the exam which I think get easier the more you look at past papers and mark schemes. The stuff at AS is pretty interesting, there's not too much on plants. I've only started the a2 work now, but im dreading all the work on ecology

Quick Reply

Latest