LNAT score distribution Watch

John Gardner
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
On the LNAT website, we have just posted some preliminary analysis of LNAT scores from 1 Sept 05 to 20 Jan 06: http://www.lnat.ac.uk/news.html

More detailed stats will follow later.
Dreama
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
^ Someone got 26!

Seems like all the TSR crowd did very well... Congrats everybody.
John Gardner
Rep:
?
It's even better than that, Jo. Someone (outside the UK) got 29. The highest UK score was 28. These top scores were not shown on the charts you viewed because I calibrated the horizontal axes wrongly. I have just put this right.

Anyway, where were you when I gave my public lecture at King's yesterday? I was looking forward to saying hello.
The Lawyer
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
see student law review vol 45 for a normal distribution (by sex and school type) of lnat results for the year previous - the one out of 24.
Dreama
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by John Gardner)
It's even better than that, Jo. Someone (outside the UK) got 29. The highest UK score was 28. These top scores were not shown on the charts you viewed because I calibrated the horizontal axes wrongly. I have just put this right.

Anyway, where were you when I gave my public lecture at King's yesterday? I was looking forward to saying hello.
29?! How greedy :p:

I completely forgot... How utterly hopeless of me. Hope it went well and you enjoyed visiting our glorious home.
John Gardner
Rep:
?
Hey Jo, you can make up for it by trotting up to UCL tomorrow (Thursday) for the public lecture at 6pm by my colleague Mindy Chen-Wishart, who is talking about undue influence. I will be there and we can say hello then. (Of course you may well have better things to do than going anywhere near UCL!)
Crazy Mongoose
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
A rather evenly balanced distribution; the mark (so i am told) of a well balanced test, well done. Glad to find that there are only about 250 people with my mark! They could all fit into my school hall...

So, this years test, Mr Gardner. I would personally say it is a rather large success, as it has helped me get into Oxford, but i am certain you have some deeper, less selfish thoughts?
The Lawyer
Report 12 years ago
Seems better than the last one. only 4 people got 21 then.
Eru Lawliet
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
On the LNAT website, we have just posted some preliminary analysis of LNAT scores from 1 Sept 05 to 20 Jan 06: http://www.lnat.ac.uk/news.html

More detailed stats will follow later.
some useful info. :yy:
TheWildChild
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
thanks for that! make sme feel better than my score, cos i thought i did mega badly in comparison to people on here. but everyone on here just seems to be super clever
littleheadache
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Is it possible to find out exact numbers of people who got the different scores?
helki
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Thanks for that!
Was down in the dumps about mine, but felt a lot better seeing the bigger picture!
Ovid
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Thanks for the info, I feel slightly better about my very poor 15 - I just hope Kings won't place too much emphasis on it or I'm in trouble!
Onearmedbandit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hey Jo, you can make up for it by trotting up to UCL tomorrow (Thursday) for the public lecture at 6pm by my colleague Mindy Chen-Wishart, who is talking about undue influence. I will be there and we can say hello then.

I was going to attend that lecture, but I had to go to UCH for a special examinations provisions assessment.

Why they need a piece of paper to prove that I'm disabled I don't know, but I'm disappointed Undue influence is quite interesting.
John Gardner
Rep:
?
(Original post by littleheadache)
Is it possible to find out exact numbers of people who got the different scores?
Probably, but since I am the poor sap who would have to do the work, you should at least explain why you need to know.
moloman
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
anyone know what's the average mark in LNAT you'll need to get in kings?
Onearmedbandit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by moloman)
Hmm, I didn't quite get the question. Do you mean the 'minimum' mark in order to be considered? Well I'll just say that nobody, with the possible exception of the Kings Admissions Tutor, really has a clue!
Eru Lawliet
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by moloman)
err...shouldn't be less than the national average?
littleheadache
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Probably, but since I am the poor sap who would have to do the work, you should at least explain why you need to know.
I just assumed you would have that information already, considering you made the charts (which are rather hard to read to an exact level). I wanted to know what percentile I scored in.
Dreama
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Onearmedbandit)
I was going to attend that lecture, but I had to go to UCH for a special examinations provisions assessment.

Why they need a piece of paper to prove that I'm disabled I don't know, but I'm disappointed Undue influence is quite interesting.
Gah, so off topic...I'll make it ickle then no one can complain

I like Undue Influence too.. I couldn't go either though... Home for weekend now. The South Coast is pwettier than the City Mike... You should come home more :p:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (261)
26.71%
No (716)
73.29%

Watched Threads