The Student Room Group

Guys: When did you start sleeping alone?

Scroll to see replies

I can't remember what age but I can remember sleeping in my own room from a toddler. So about 2/3 mayber. :dontknow:
Reply 41
Since I was eight months or so? I've always had my own room, only child. :wink:
from 16, the question shd be, when haven't have I slept alone :banana:
6. Had to share a room but I have never slept with my parents......:curious:
I think I was about 6ish - can't really remember.

On another note I was trying to see the postcount of the 'I was 9' troll and I've realized I can't see anybody else's postcount either...
I have a twin sister so I slept in the same room as her until I was about 5, 6? Hard to remember. Then I slept in my own room.

I've never slept in my parents room though. :K:
For some reason I find this thread really cute :h: but maybe that's just me.

Started sleeping alone when I was about 7/8 used to share a room with my sister
Original post by tobeamedic
I was just thinking about this recently.

I started sleeping on my own very late (for various reasons). By "sleeping alone", I mean, sleeping on your own room. Ie, not with your parents or whoever who brought you up.

This is a bit of a weird thread :smile:

What age were you? :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by SophiaKeuning
What age were you? :smile:

I was actually about 16
from quite an early age i think, when i was little we lived in a different house was 3 bed, and was just me and my parents... so i got 2 of the bedrooms :biggrin:! 1 bedroom one playroom :biggrin:! woo
The little box room was my nursery... im guessing from when i moved from the mosses basket into the cot, i dont think the cot would fit in their bedroom (from my memory...we moved out of there when i was 5...)

my sister however slept in my parents room until she was 3 maybe 4 she had a "car bed" http://is02.thegumtree.com/image/big/120039390.jpg
just like that in their room...(sooooo fun! it had a sunroof brilliant for climbing through) ... but she had to stay in there because of the house extensions going on my bedroom wall was being removed so i took over what was her room

but im really bad, sharing a bed with someone is difficult for me, if i can feel someones breath on my face i have this irrational fear that there stealing all the oxygen and im going to suffocate... completely normal reaction of course...
x
(edited 12 years ago)
18! Am a twin. Never been caught masturbating :ninja:

EDIT: actually once, although managed to get the pants back up a bit before my mum got pissy at me
Reply 51
I don't remember sharing a room with my parents, so I must have been very young. I think I shared a room with my sister until I was about 8 or 9 though. Now I share a room at university with a couple of other people.
Reply 52
Wtf? I can understand having to share a room with your siblings but is sleeping with your parents this normal? I slept in their room for the first few months of my babyhood, if that.
Reply 53
I've always slept on my own? I was in the same room as my twin brother up to about 7 but that's only because we had a smaller house. We then moved and I had my own room up to now? Did people sleep with their parents into their late childhood?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by tobeamedic
I was actually about 16

How come?

Sorry if that's highly upfront to ask. :redface: Don't answer if you don't want to!

I have a twin sister and basically couldn't sleep without her in the room for a hell of a long time. (Over-reactive imagination and general insomniac behaviour.)
Very young in comparison to people here, probably before I was one.
Reply 56
Original post by SophiaKeuning
How come?

Sorry if that's highly upfront to ask. :redface: Don't answer if you don't want to!

I have a twin sister and basically couldn't sleep without her in the room for a hell of a long time. (Over-reactive imagination and general insomniac behaviour.)

We changed our houses very often and therefore wasn't much stable in any single house until I was about 16 :smile:
So some rooms were packed with stuff.
A short time after your mum got pregnant.
Reply 59
There goes your relationship

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending