The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Are they magic?
HungryLikeTheWolf
Are they magic?

damn u beat me to it
Raw mushrooms are utterly harmless.

Unless they are magic - then whether theyre harmful or not is still questionable :rolleyes:
Reply 4
^Fail to see why you posted that as anon.

Mushrooms pose no threat to your health uncooked, if acquired from appropriate sources.
Someone told me that the laws had changed regarding MM's. It used to be that if unprepared they weren't iilegal, but prepared they were class A, and i got told even id unprepared they are now Class A?
Reply 6
And by prepared, XXmessedupXX means boiled, when they're boiled they're illegal.
Reply 7
Oh well. I guess nowadays you have to state explicity you are not a junkie, otherwise it is just assumed :rolleyes:
Reply 8
Ordinary mushrooms are fine when raw. It's like eating any other veg raw.
Poica
Ordinary mushrooms are fine when raw. It's like eating any other veg raw.

I eat frozen chips :redface:
Reply 10
Does anyone else actually enjoy eating them raw though? I fail to see how it can be seen as disgusting and weird by my female.
yeh eating normal supermarkt style bought mushrooms raw is fine. even if they still have a bit of mud on them!
they are yum...now i want some
Do not eat all raw mushrooms because some are poisonous, although they can also be delicious. I would suggest buying a book that tells you which ones to avoid. This site might also helphttp://www.nifg.org.uk/edible_fungi.htm
Reply 14
i think i had some raw mushroom in this vegetarian sushi thing from eat the other day.
Reply 15
xXMessedUpXx
Someone told me that the laws had changed regarding MM's. It used to be that if unprepared they weren't iilegal, but prepared they were class A, and i got told even id unprepared they are now Class A?

Yeah thats true, my friend used to buy them unprepared off the internet and they would come in the post and she loved it lol.

I find it a bit strange how the can say that a plant is illegal, I mean its something completely natural not manufactured so how can you put this kind of law on it. But anyway thats off topic!
Reply 16
mademoiselle84
yeh eating normal supermarkt style bought mushrooms raw is fine. even if they still have a bit of mud on them!

That's not mud, it's manure...

Raw mushies are fine to eat. Just make sure you wash them! :smile:
Yeah fine as long as they are WASHED.

Urgh think of all the microbes/pesticides on unwashed veg, that's the kind of thing that leads to e.coli and salmonella.

You do have to be careful with which mushrooms you eat though, some are deadly poisonous, some are magic, and some our the bog standard field mushrooms :smile: Also some should not be eaten after you've drunk or before you've drunk alcohol - they make you violently sick :frown:
The last raw mushroom I ate sent me tripping.
The first raw mushroom I ate had an effect not unlike ecstasy.
Reply 19
i wouldn't eat raw mushrooms. but u can eat it the same way u eat a carrot though it might taste weird:P

Latest

Trending

Trending