The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bean4ian
which came first in your opinion? the chicken or the egg?
discuss......

both, at exactly the same time :biggrin:
Reply 2
Tinykates
both, at exactly the same time :biggrin:

how??
Reply 3
The egg, it was a mutated lizard egg :tongue:
Reply 4
Read the bible. Clearly, the chicken(s) appeared exactly when God said so, not neccessitating an egg.
Reply 5
bean4ian
how??

no idea.
there is no proof fo the egg coming first and no proof for the chicken coming first.
Therefore, I have to decided to believe that they came together.
The chicken was there...being a chicken
The egg was there being an egg.....

the egg hatches into a chicken

the two chickens (obviously opposite sexes) mate and make more eggs, which then become chickens.

the question is; was the egg the male or the female, the same with the chicken?? :biggrin:
Reply 6
So far back in the evolutionary system that the chicken and the egg were practically the same thing...or something completely different.
Reply 7
Tinykates
no idea.
there is no proof fo the egg coming first and no proof for the chicken coming first.
Therefore, I have to decided to believe that they came together.
The chicken was there...being a chicken
The egg was there being an egg.....

the egg hatches into a chicken

the two chickens (obviously opposite sexes) mate and make more eggs, which then become chickens.

the question is; was the egg the male or the female, the same with the chicken?? :biggrin:

tinykates, have you gone crazy?
Reply 8
Well, since life existed before it evolved to give birth to chickens via eggs, the chicken did.
Reply 9
I think you'll find the real question here is what came first, the biplane or the zepplin?
Reply 10
Baron
tinykates, have you gone crazy?

yes :biggrin:
i have to read the whole of strange meeting by tomorrow. :biggrin:
i have gone crazy wooooooooo :biggrin:

i thought it was a pretty good argument really :frown:
Reply 11
mik1a
Well, since life existed before it evolved to give birth to chickens via eggs, the chicken did.

the egg, because the chicken has to come out of an egg or by definition of a chicken, it aint a chicken. whereas an egg, by definition, doesnt necessicarily have to have come from a chicken already there.
Reply 12
piginapoke
Birds were laying eggs long before the chicken was a species. Therefore, the first chicken came from an egg, but its mother wasn't a chicken.

agreed, and dinosaurs were laying eggs before any birds exsisted - so the egg definetly came first
Reply 13
Baron
agreed, and dinosaurs were laying eggs before any birds exsisted - so the egg definetly came first

no. they came at the same time.
who laid the egg?
Reply 14
no, sea creatures evoloved into dinosaurs who layed eggs and then dinosaurs (probably) evolved into birds
Reply 15
'
{ingnik']the egg, because the chicken has to come out of an egg or by definition of a chicken, it aint a chicken. whereas an egg, by definition, doesnt necessicarily have to have come from a chicken already there.

Ok, I'll be more accurate:

Mutations that cause evolution happen in the sex cells of a creature. So at some point, a pre-evolved chicken got pregnant with a chicken. This chicken's new genes caused it to grow around an egg, but I imagine in that gap where the parents aren't chickens and the offspring is a chicken, the zygote (first cell of a creature, we were all zygotes once) was part of the chicken, and not the egg. However, zooming in closer, we can say that the point at which the zygote multiplies to make a chicken happens before that chicken's egg is completely formed.

But I'm no expert! :biggrin:
Reply 16
Baron
no, sea creatures evoloved into dinosaurs who layed eggs and then dinosaurs (probably) evolved into birds

where did the sea creatures come from?
Reply 17
proteins
Reply 18
Tinykates
no. they came at the same time.
who laid the egg?

The dinosaur laid the egg, then it got mutated and turned out like a chicken.
Reply 19
Cate
The dinosaur laid the egg, then it got mutated and turned out like a chicken.

where did the dinosaur come from?

Latest