This discussion is closed.
Meeps
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Today, uk was branded as being the biggest rubbish tip of Europe! I felt dat dere r way mo countries dat r dirtier den Britain. bt our country does need to clen up r ways still tho. Peeps complain dat da government isnt doin enouf to clean up our streets bt i believe dat its our responsibility to clean it!

i think da public shud complain less and start to take action instead. wot u fink peeps?
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Meeps)
Today, uk was branded as being the biggest rubbish tip of Europe! I felt dat dere r way mo countries dat r dirtier den Britain. bt our country does need to clen up r ways still tho. Peeps complain dat da government isnt doin enouf to clean up our streets bt i believe dat its our responsibility to clean it!

i think da public shud complain less and start to take action instead. wot u fink peeps?
At least we have clean water.
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Meeps)
wot u fink peeps?
So we're all Meep's Peeps?
Howard
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Meeps)

Branded by who?
Meeps
hmmm in sum areas yeh, in my area Herts, we had recently jus had a case of Legionnaires
Meeps
i jus heard on sky news wen watchin it....dnt kno who conducted da survey
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Britain is quite dirty. It's funny how we make our cities pretty when we know they're in the public eye, e.g. Manchester during commonwealth games.
suz19
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Meeps)

My God, why do some people find the 'th' so hard to type?? They're right next to each other!! 'I felt dat dere r way mo countries dat r dirtier den Britain'. If you wanted to be quick why didn't you just say 'There's countries dirtier than Britain'??
Meeps
(Original post by suz19)
My God, why do some people find the 'th' so hard to type?? They're right next to each other!! 'I felt dat dere r way mo countries dat r dirtier den Britain'. If you wanted to be quick why didn't you just say 'There's countries dirtier than Britain'??
can u plz stop analysin da way i rite. its a natural habit from usin instant message programs etc. im sowwi bt plz why does it matter 'that' i rite in that way. its quicker and easier to rite dis way neway!
pal_sch
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Meeps)
can u plz stop analysin da way i rite. its a natural habit from usin instant message programs etc. im sowwi bt plz why does it matter 'that' i rite in that way. its quicker and easier to rite dis way neway!
It can screw you up if you try to read it quickly, and trust is it realy that hard to touch type? It happens naturaly enough after a few essays. On MSN and that lot you use codes a lot, but that is not something that lots of people are likely to want to read in a hurry.
Howard
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Meeps)
It might be quicker and easier to "rite dis way" but it's actually rather difficult to decipher and frankly makes you take on the appearance of an illiterate, which I'm sure you're not.
Meeps
(Original post by pal_sch)
It can screw you up if you try to read it quickly, and trust is it realy that hard to touch type? It happens naturaly enough after a few essays. On MSN and that lot you use codes a lot, but that is not something that lots of people are likely to want to read in a hurry.
it is true and you are right. but im not very good at touch typing anyway cause i havent got a very good hand to eye cordination even after writing many essays over the years. Therefore by writing in the 'instant messaging' way has allowed me to speed up the way i write where it is required...such as on a forum.
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Could be worse... Could be living in Tasmania... *hysterical laughter*... *&&&***tells family, who all laugh***&&&***
txt_eva
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Meeps)
it is true and you are right. but im not very good at touch typing anyway cause i havent got a very good hand to eye cordination even after writing many essays over the years. Therefore by writing in the 'instant messaging' way has allowed me to speed up the way i write where it is required...such as on a forum.

I can't either and I can't spell, but it makes people look a bit half witted when they always type like that.

Some forums don't mind how you write it, true. I actually spend more time trying to read what you write, than actually concentraing on what it says.
Powerline
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Meeps)

I think that there should be a harsher punishment for littering. If people are afraid of the punishment, it is more likely that they wont litter.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (231)
39.09%
Take autumn exams (177)
29.95%
Look for a job (20)
3.38%
Consider an apprenticeship (23)
3.89%
Take a year out (105)
17.77%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (35)
5.92%

Watched Threads