Reply 62
Original post by Aack
My advice for your mate:

1) Get aids
2) Loose weight
3) Give her aids

You what?
Reply 63
You seem like a really nice down to earth person......... Theres more to life than looks and beeing super attractive. I actually feel sorry for you if that is soo big in your relationship that you have to state it before you get married. Yes i agree that if my parter suddenly became really lazy and eating junk all the time then i would say something, but that is only because they wold have changed as a person, not because there are becoming 'less attractive'. If you put that much emphasis on that you must have little else in your relationship going for you.

Original post by sarahoo
You don't just get married to have security for the rest of your life. Marriage involves a relationship--emotional as well as physical. You cannot discount the physical aspect of a relationship because you think security/"love" is the only thing of importance.

There is a reason 50%+ marriages end in divorce. Marriage is not unconditional love forever with no consequences for any action. No one wants to marry someone slim and attractive, only to have them fall into security/laziness to become a lard-ass. If my husband starts gaining weight, I tell him. I also do not let myself gain weight. Marriage takes work, and staying attractive is part of that work. Yes, people lose hair or get hurt, that's a little different than becoming a slovenly person. Bald guys can look good, scars are a part of life, getting fat (or at least staying fat in this person's case) is just laziness.

I'm not saying all marriages dissolve because people get fat or anything, but what I am saying is that physical attraction (as well as mental attraction of being with someone who takes care of his/herself, is an active, motivated person) is a part of marriage, and will always be until hormones/sex organs finally **** out when people are in their late 60s-70s~.
Reply 64
Original post by Br1stol
You seem like a really nice down to earth person......... Theres more to life than looks and beeing super attractive. I actually feel sorry for you if that is soo big in your relationship that you have to state it before you get married. Yes i agree that if my parter suddenly became really lazy and eating junk all the time then i would say something, but that is only because they wold have changed as a person, not because there are becoming 'less attractive'. If you put that much emphasis on that you must have little else in your relationship going for you.

I really agree with you. She's really that pathetic.
Original post by philistine
Next that ho.

hehe +1
Reply 66
Original post by Onlyboyintheworld
Hi, firstly this is on behalf of my best mate. Hes 18 years old. He has been going out with the same girl since they were 15 and it was all going well till recently. My mate is 5 foot 9 inches tall average build and used to be a slender 11 stone 7 and had a lean 31'' waist. Sadly though he was involved in an accident which left him off work for 6 months, and in a wheelchair. ( He has recoved fully now) During that time however he gained weight. He now weighs a hefty 13 stone 7 pounds and his waist has increased to 36''. His girl friend says she doesnt find him attractive now and is threatening to leave him. He says he's happy with his body. What should he do ? Is he overweight ? Should he dump her ? Is she right ?

probably pointless responding to the OP as there are 4 pages.

1st, is your 'friend' incapable of writing himself?
2nd don't alter the way you want to be for someone else
3rd the girl is in the right on every level (for once)
4th 'happy' any one who is content with any aspect of themselves of their life disgusts me. it is not human to settle, and 'accep' or 'be happy' humanity evolved through adapting and improving, if you dont want to make yourself better, you are a **** human being :smile: if ur fat **** mate wants to stay fat, then yes he should dump her
Reply 67
If the sexes were reversed in this story, this thread would be bursting with men telling to op to acknowledge the fact that 'men are visual' and for them to wake up to the reality of the importance of this within the relationship. To 'put the fork down bitch'.

Instead it's peppered with butt-hurts.

Just lose the weight op. Why on earth would you want to stay fat? I don't understand how people can see that their waist line is expanding and think the situation is ok.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 68
Original post by plimsolls
If the sexes were reversed in this story, this thread would be bursting with men telling to op to acknowledge the fact that 'men are visual' and for them to wake up to the reality of the importance of this within the relationship. To 'put the fork down bitch'.

i agree.
Reply 69
I also agree....go and read the healthy new you thread stickied in this section....the last 3 pages are basically the girls who have lost weight saying they don't find their bf's attractive anymore but don't want to seem shallow and saying stuff like 'I'm worried about their health', rather than saying the real reason.

Females are just as shallow as males on this subject.
Reply 70
if YOU are in great shape; is it really a crime to expect your bf/gf to stay in shape?

doesn't seem fair if 1 person busts their ass in the gym to look good while the other doesn't care do anything and keeps putting on weight...
you can't force attraction... can you?

but OP should dump her > get fit > find hotter gf

asking someone to lose weight is 1 thing but threatening to leave is on a different level...
Original post by andrewpeters
"A mate" yeah?

On a more serious note, if the girl would leave merely on a boy putting on some weight, she aint worth it! Leave her before she does!

QFT
Reply 72
Original post by Steevee
Not in the slightest, you silly goose.

duck duck duck duck duck duck... (your turn)
Reply 73
Original post by plimsolls

Instead it's peppered with butt-hurts.

Just lose the weight op. Why on earth would you want to stay fat? I don't understand how people can see that their waist line is expanding and think the situation is ok.

Of course i would want her to lose weight, but if she was in an accident and had just fully recovered, i think i would cut her some slack if she had put on weight.
Reply 74
Original post by desijut
Of course i would want her to lose weight, but if she was in an accident and had just fully recovered, i think i would cut her some slack if she had put on weight.

Yes, but I got the impression the op was whining because he wants to stay chunky forever, not seeing anything wrong with an ever expanding waist line. If the gf hasn't been sensitive about the situation/ considerate of ops feelings, then he should give her the heave ho.

Quick Reply

Latest