Turn on thread page Beta

Clumping Mascara watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any tips to stop mascara going all clumpy? Even more expensive brands start to do it after a couple of weeks.

ReputationRep:
    I find that if I haven't taken off my mascara properly the night before it clumps easily the next morning. I try to use a brush to get rid of any clumps and usually that works ok, as long as you do it immediately after it is applied.

Edit - Aaah, you were on about mascara going clumpy in the tube :rolleyes: I thought you meant how to stop it going clumpy whilst applying! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Boil the kettle, put the hot water into a cup and drop your mascara into it (make sure the cap is secure!) and leave it for a bit. That should loosen the clumps.

ReputationRep:
    All mascara's go clumpy after a while because everytime you put the brush in and out of the tube, you put air into the container which drys out the mascara a little bit more every time. Try putting a bit of liquid eye make up remover into the mascara, but not too much!

ReputationRep:
    have u tried YSL mascara, that stuff is amazing doesn't go clumpy for ages and makes eyelashes look amazing, good for (if like me) u hav stumpy pathetic excuse for eyelashes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tothedisco)
    Boil the kettle, put the hot water into a cup and drop your mascara into it (make sure the cap is secure!) and leave it for a bit. That should loosen the clumps.
    Ooo sounds like a good idea actually

I find if I smooth a little vaseline onto my eyelashes before I put the mascara on it goes on a lot better and less clumpy. One of my friends actually seperates every single lash using a pin each time she puts mascara on :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wildelectricity)
    Ooo sounds like a good idea actually

I find if I smooth a little vaseline onto my eyelashes before I put the mascara on it goes on a lot better and less clumpy. One of my friends actually seperates every single lash using a pin each time she puts mascara on :rolleyes:
    Are you serious!? Oh my word, I could never have enough time to do that!

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.