Lancaster University!!! Watch

Naomi 1987
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Ive applied to go to Lancaster to study Marketing Management was just wondering whether any one else was doing the same?

What college is the best?

Thanks Naomi xxxxxxx:rolleyes: :tsr2:
Mad Vlad
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Lancaster uni - The uni with the highest suicide rate in the UK... (Allegedly)
judge john
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
lol. i think that’s old news now. it was some time ago but i believe it's just passed into legend now. and Lonsdale’s the best, but i would say that as that’s where i am. if you look around some other threads you should see lots of different views.
angel_flo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
My friend is at Lonsdale as well, the only thing she didn't like was being put in a flat with mostly 3rd years. She seems to like it otherwise though!
lancaster_lad
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Mad Vlad)
That's an old myth!
Carolinedoodle
Report 12 years ago
Aye, and an old myth which is discussed in another thread, just as everything else about colleges is etc...
luke88
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Even if it's true... when I arrive I'll be spreading my cheer.... especially when I'm pissed!!! lol
Carolinedoodle
Report 12 years ago
Ah, lovely, you'll fit in
chikki
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Naomi 1987)
Ive applied to go to Lancaster to study Marketing Management was just wondering whether any one else was doing the same?

What college is the best?

Thanks Naomi xxxxxxx:rolleyes: :tsr2:
Hi, I have put Lancaster Uni as my first choice but im studying Fine Art instead lol, just thought i wud say Hi :hello:
LubyLoo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Mad Vlad)
I'm sorry but it doesn't matter where you are. If you're feeling suicidal then you're feeling suicidal.
Carolinedoodle
Report 12 years ago
I was almost suicidal over the lack of water lol
somedayshambles
Report 12 years ago
The statistics regarding suicide come from years ago. Unfortunately each year there is going to be a University with a the highest rate for suicide. Just like there will be the university with the lowest employment rate. When you come do Lancaster you will see all the things that have been done to reduce the suicide rate... We have a fantastic nightline, a 24 hour nurses station, a wonderful counselling service, many of our tutors and lecturers are trained to help individuals who are finding it tough. There's a college tutorial system in place, first year tutorial systems, and a mentor system in place. Plenty of adverts and lots of notices are up around the place to show people what to do if you are starting to struggle. Most importantlly, the majority of the people who work and live within the university always have an open door, a shoulder to cry and sound advice to offer.

Instead of looking at the Suicide rate from years ago, people should actually start looking at the support services that have been put in place and are now available for students at Lancaster. I think you will find the outstanding
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Lancaster University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Feb '19
  • Lancaster University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
  • Lancaster University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Jul '19

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (6)
16.67%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (17)
47.22%
Nope, not that interesting (13)
36.11%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise