Aberdeen - middle of nowhere? Watch

hickhack
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Well, I'm seriously thinking about accepting one of my 2 Aberdeen offers, but I need some help, since I live in Luxembourg and can't just go and have a look at the university.
How are the infrastructures in Aberdeen, I mean, cinemas, pubs and stuff... Isn't it a little small? What can you do there as a student? Is it worth going there?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Sarah
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well it's about two and a half times the size of Luxembourg-ville.

I haven't been to Aberdeen in ages, but there's plenty of pubs and a good few nightclubs. I imagine it'll have at least a couple of good cinemas too.

It's the third biggest city in Scotland and is certainly more city than town - although yes, to some extent it is in the middle of knowhere since civilisation pretty much ends at Stirling.
wιzard
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Sarah, there are many students from the EU and most of them like it. It is in the middle of nowhere but abdn has an international airport, some great clubs and pubs and excellent shopping facilities, at least for its size. It's not London but I'm sure there is something to satisfy everyone's taste in terms of entertainment. Also it's a wealthy city of low unemployment and you can feel safe when you get back home from the pub.
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It aint in the middle of nowhere, kinda on the edge of nowhere! Loadsa pubs, 3 cinemas, RGU sport complex is brilliant + other places like it. Fantastic city.
Teenie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Aberdeen is awesome! Belmont street is the heart of it all theres loads of night clubs and pubs, sports facilities are great, and if you do want to get to the middle of nowhere for a wee bit, like for the day up a hill or something then about 10-20 minutes outside the city there is the shire, with hills and fields galore!!
Lockhart
Report 12 years ago
I totally love the place
L i b
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by nessymonster)
It aint in the middle of nowhere, kinda on the edge of nowhere! Loadsa pubs, 3 cinemas, RGU sport complex is brilliant + other places like it. Fantastic city.
LOL "Well, actually it's the centre of no-where and is where all the people from no-where go on a Saturday night - so it's got some quite good pubs and clubs"
Lockhart
Report 12 years ago
The owner of Bobbins across the street from Kings College must be loaded.
DancingDiva
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It's not in the middle of no-where! There's loads of places pretty near by, and even the central belt isnt that far away, only a couple of hours. It's better than the bigger cities like Glasgow or Ed cos its small enough for u not to get lost or feel out of ur depth, but big enough to have loads and loads going on with thousands of people. Social aspects are all pretty ace.
gigglybum
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i was on a 12 hour train ride from dover (kent) to dundee....and believe me, i thought i was going to die!.....dundee was already in the middle of nowhere, so dont get me started on aberdeen
L i b
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
LOL, you should've flown. Takes about 45 minutes from London...
gigglybum
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by LibertineNorth)
LOL, you should've flown. Takes about 45 minutes from London...
yeah, well i flew from vienna to london heathrow, and then by train to canterbury, from canterbury by bus to dover, from dover by train back to canterbury, from canterbury by train back to london kings cross, from there by train to dundee, from dundee back by train to kings cross, from kings cross to london heathrow, and finally from there back to vienna.
so yes, i should have flown........but my god that would have cost me a fortune, ontop i reserved all my train tickets weeks ago, so it was fairly cheap (60 pounds from london to dundee...c'mon :cool: )
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by gigglybum)
yeah, well i flew from vienna to london heathrow, and then by train to canterbury, from canterbury by bus to dover, from dover by train back to canterbury, from canterbury by train back to london kings cross, from there by train to dundee, from dundee back by train to kings cross, from kings cross to london heathrow, and finally from there back to vienna.
so yes, i should have flown........but my god that would have cost me a fortune, ontop i reserved all my train tickets weeks ago, so it was fairly cheap (60 pounds from london to dundee...c'mon :cool: )
London-Aberdeen normally costs about £30 on easy jet.
Lockhart
Report 12 years ago
The clowns on easy jet broke my laptop

£9 from London to Luton and £18 on the plane one way
gigglybum
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Nessyfencer)
London-Aberdeen normally costs about £30 on easy jet.
:eek:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (213)
27.92%
No (550)
72.08%

Watched Threads