The Student Room Group

Karen matthews!!

Scroll to see replies

Bitch who cried wolf.
Reply 21
Original post by Benniboi1
Nobody in their right mind will give her a job now though. Unless she gets plastic surgery and a new name.

May as well give her a new brain while we're at it.

problem is, she never worked a day in her life before she went to prison
she isn't gunna start now!!:redface:
We don't even need to execute her, just stop giving her stuff to live on and she'll eventually die.
Reply 23
Original post by Snagprophet
We don't even need to execute her, just stop giving her stuff to live on and she'll eventually die.

LOL!!
The McCanns never went to prison, when you know that were you or I to do what they did, social services would at the very least have had the kids taken away and put into care.

The advantage they have over Karen Matthews is they are rich, middle-class and the child isn't going to turn up alive.
Original post by marcusfox
The McCanns never went to prison, when you know that were you or I to do what they did, social services would at the very least have had the kids taken away and put into care.

Two different situations - the McCanns never kidnapped their own daughter.

How the **** was this four years ago?:eek:
Original post by OU Student
Two different situations - the McCanns never kidnapped their own daughter.

How the **** was this four years ago?:eek:

Nobody knows what happened to Madeline, that's the point.

What we do know is her and her husband went for a night out and left the kids at home unsupervised, and Maddie came to bother.

Child neglect with tragic results and no legal consequences (as well as much public sympathy) for one set of parents.

Criminal conviction and public vilification for the other.
She might have been completely stupid and cruel but what does upset me are the amount of papers (can I even call them papers?) publishing headlines like "EVIL" and "BEYOND REDEMPTION".

On an interview with local news, her best friend who has been in touch with her through her years locked up said she is severely lacking in the maturity and realism of most people her age.

What she needs is help, not the spitting vilification that letting her out into the public eye is going to bring. Someone should have stopped her applying for Jeremy Kyle- it's going to be no help for her, her family, or her mental health.
Reply 28
Original post by MelissaBabe
so karen matthews is out of prison after serving 4 years for the fake kidnapping of her daughter and conning the government out of thousands, maybe even a few million of pounds... FOUR YEARS!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
what is this country coming to?
so you get about 6-8 years for claiming that you aren't working when you are and you will probably get a few grand and have to pay EVERY PENNY back
but if you fake a kidnapping and be a very bad parent you get thousands of pounds and you don't need to pay a penny back, only to serve FOUR YEARS!!
WHERE IS THE JUSTICE IN THAT?
this country is no longer right and need to sort itself out
that woman is sick and doesn't deserve to see daylight again!! :mad::mad:

The way people chat on about Karen Matthews, you'd think she was on par with Baby P's mum.

She tried a stupid and admittedly wrong plan to get lots of money.

Shes served her time, people should live and let live. Definately no where near the worst crime committed against a child yet you'd think it was from the reaction.
Original post by Chloe xxx
The way people chat on about Karen Matthews, you'd think she was on par with Baby P's mum.

She tried a stupid and admittedly wrong plan to get lots of money.

Shes served her time, people should live and let live. Definately no where near the worst crime committed against a child yet you'd think it was from the reaction.

This is how I see it. I think people enjoy overrreacting and having an effective "hate figure"- which is not the way it should be.
Reply 30
Just thinking of the 'musical' called 'Shannon Matthews' by Kunt and the Gang... Hahaaaa.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending