Turn on thread page Beta

Desert Island watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    for my english speaking c/wk we have to pretend we are stuck on a desert island an we're allowed to take several things with us (3 pieces of music, a book, and one luxury item...like a computer/ car etc)............................ ........................wot wud u guys take?????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    for my english speaking c/wk we have to pretend we are stuck on a desert island an we're allowed to take several things with us (3 pieces of music, a book, and one luxury item...like a computer/ car etc)............................ ........................wot wud u guys take?????
    i don't know about books or music......but for a luxury i'd take a computer with internet access.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    music:

Oasis: Definately Maybe
    Blink 182: Dude Ranch
    Oasis: Whats the Story Morning Glory

book: anything to do with good music

Luxury item: Hugh heffners mansion

ReputationRep:
    Music;
    My mix song. Three hours of music in a single track. Only I can't fit it on a CD :rolleyes:

Book;
    Tom Clancy Rambow 6. 600 pages of story, 300 of action.

Luxury item;
    Helicopter and lots of fuel. LOGIC PEOPLE

ReputationRep:
    Music:
    Michael Jackson - History
    Feeder
    My Own wicked CD that I made...including trackes like....build me up buttercup, saturday night, mysterious girl etc etc.
    Bookue townsebd - confessions of a middle aged woman, and the adrian mole diaries
    luxury item: some fit lad who i can talk to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pal_sch)
    Music;

Luxury item;
    Helicopter and lots of fuel. LOGIC PEOPLE
    yeh......but you have to stay there for 30 years.............that's a computer wiv internet is better......you can order food/clothes.....play games..chat......u can't really get bored :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    Music:
    Michael Jackson - History
    Feeder
    My Own wicked CD that I made...including trackes like....build me up buttercup, saturday night, mysterious girl etc etc.
    Bookue townsebd - confessions of a middle aged woman, and the adrian mole diaries
    luxury item: some fit lad who i can talk to
    sorry you just said wicked Cd, then mentioned 'mysterious girl'

feeder is cool though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    yeh......but you have to stay there for 30 years.............that's a computer wiv internet is better......you can order food/clothes.....play games..chat......u can't really get bored :rolleyes:
    And how long would it take for a web ordered pizza to reach you in the south pacific.
    If I had to seriously chose a piece of music I would have to go for The Planets. Long enough with enough variation to keep me from going mad.
    Plus it helps you think so you can get the hell out of there.

ReputationRep:
    i'm not really into music...so i don't know what music i'd take with me!
    saying wot music you'd like to take is easy.......but giving the reason for why is the hard bit!.......any suggestions? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pal_sch)
    And how long would it take for a web ordered pizza to reach you in the south pacific.
    hmmm.......never thought of that!...........oh well it's only a stupid english thing......i don't the teacher will realise that!

ReputationRep:
    music:

Placebo - placebo
    Rx Bandits - Progress
    Weezer - cant't choose which album

Book:

Lord of the Rings

Luxury Item:

<- Me Bike

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    i'm not really into music...so i don't know what music i'd take with me!
    saying wot music you'd like to take is easy.......but giving the reason for why is the hard bit!.......any suggestions? :confused:
    blink 182: because they play happy jumpy music, and they are cool

ReputationRep:
    id take some really crap heavy metal music.

id take so long to like it that when i finally do, it'd be time to come home.

ReputationRep:
    only thing is tho, we have this music, but nothing to play it with

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    only thing is tho, we have this music, but nothing to play it with
    there's supposed to be electricity there and a cd player..............it's very strange!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    there's supposed to be electricity there and a cd player..............it's very strange!
    sounds like quite a cool island actually

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.