The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Chloe xxx
Who mentioned sucking off?

Weird person.

Odd that, because you've never met me.

Very deluded presumption to make about someone you've never seen, met or spoke to other than on an anonymous forum.

I could equally say, you seem like the type to engage in incest.

Whatever.

He almost certainly is the product of incest, and will almost certainly marry a cousin, given that the majority of Muslims in this country do... You would think we'd have an awesome olympic swim team with all the webbed feet about now, but instead we just have hospital wards filled with children with rare and cripling genetic disorders.
Reply 81
This is almost as pathetic as Facebook's attempt to overthrow Kony. The Hijab has no place in the West.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 82
Original post by Indo-Chinese Food
Bbut you dont explain why you do. as i already said a girl in the uk on a satuday night can wear a coat to avoid "offending" you.
My concern has all but gone, now. My heart is at rest. :smile:

What can a muslim women do if she wants to have a swim in the sea, to avoid "offending" you?

Be sincere.
This isn't about being offended but about being concerned on what Muslim females wear to the beach and desert. I simply said that you should pass on your concern about their "ridiculous" covering.

What are you doing wandering the streets on a saturday night btw - looking for girls to get "offended" by?

I do? This conversation isn't productive. Bye.
Its odd because my whole dads family, and my stepmum in the US are devout Christians and (well, the former are Catholics), and none have ever covered their heads whilst out. They just dress normally. At Church whilst younger, I also barely ever saw other worshipping women with covered heads.

Strange how muslims take the holy book so much more literally.

Stop being an Ass and what is wrong with that??? Holy books are supposed to be a source of guidance.
Reply 84
Original post by Elipsis
He like most Muslims is not capable of understanding the trinity. Jesus was 3 things all at the same time.

So apparently because they can't wrap their heads around this concept, it must be false.

God is the son.
The son was apparently Jesus pbuh.

And jesus pbuh was human.

So God was human?
Reply 85
Original post by Mehmoodd
God is the son.
The son was apparently Jesus pbuh.

And jesus pbuh was human.

So God was human?

If I can explain this, are you going to change your mind in any way shape or form?
Original post by Awesome_Sauce
I went to Dubai a couple of years ago and they had an only female health club. It had a swimming pool in there that Muslim women can swim in!
I guess changes are happening in the Muslim world, slowly, but it's still happening.

And who told you Muslim women are not allowed to swim??????
that is a wet-suit, not a burkha. There is a difference between a muslim females burkha ....and a wet-suit.

A wet-suit is used to dive in particularly cold waters at depth.

I think you'll find it's a burqini, and it's not a play on words on my part.

Do you see those women diving? they're strolling on the beach...
Reply 88
Original post by Me123456789

Muslims don't float? :wink:

"and Mo Mo said, ye who swimmeth become fisheth, and thoseth who donteth stay humaneth. Also, deatheth to fageths" - Quaran 12:4
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 89
Stop being an Ass and what is wrong with that??? Holy books are supposed to be a source of guidance.

Being an ass?

Im not religious I was commenting on the difference between Quran and Bible with their respective followers.
Reply 90
Original post by Elipsis
If I can explain this, are you going to change your mind in any way shape or form?

Explain it first?

If you can justify it, I'd be pretty impressed.
[QUOTE]
Original post by Elipsis
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15359078

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-17369800

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-11724378

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10228730

That's just a few to get you started. And the Huffington post is a world wide respected news organisation, it has no Christian backing like Al Jazeera has Muslim backing.

Here's one from today:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-17629499

In the middle east, muslim as well as christians are being killed. Muslims are being killed in africa by christians also..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yelwa_massacre

How could God die? God couldn't die, which shows your obvious misunderstanding which you have gotten from the lies spread by Mohammed as he made up things as he went along. Jesus, the earthly vessel in which God resided could die. What you are saying is that God is incapable of doing something, which is ridiculous.

Was jesus God or not? You claim he was when he never did, it says in the bible god is absolute, therefore he couldn't die... I have no issues with saying god can't die, because then he wouldn't be god. Its the anti-christ who claims to be god, as confirmed in your own book.

It is just Mohammed making up excuses as to why the Islamic faith exists when the bible clearly states there will be no more prophets til the end of times. Further to this, Mohammed performed ZERO miracles, and pointed to the rather medicore work that is the Quaran - which wasn't even compiled til long after his death, as his only miracle.

So we have established:
-Mohammed wasn't prophesised to come
-Mohammed performed no miracles
-Mohammed spread his cult by the sword, not through people willingly submitting to him, unless of course they benefited financially or via him not killing their children.
-Everything that preceded Mohammed in fact states he wouldn't come, so he is a false prophet, which is shown by the results of his cult.

John 15:26 "But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, [even] the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me"

John 14:26 "But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."

Well clearly jesus spoke of another prophet to come, so either you are ignorant of your own religion (which would seem the case because you think jesus is god when he himself never claimed such a thing) or you're a lier, mithra style morals.

Which miracles did abraham perform, by your logic, is he also not a prophet? Indeed the quran is a miracle, I'm glad you have regocnised this, i sincerely hope you read it.

Give me an example where muhammed spread islam by the sword?

How is islam any more of a cult than mithraism?

We have seen cults before: Mormonism, The Jonestown Cult etc. They are all very much like Islam. They require you suspend pre-thought, and go straight into formulaic practices like chanting 5 times a day, wearing clothes like Mo Mo said, naming yourself after the supreme leader etc. etc. You will never see this though because you were brain washed from birth, so I am essentially wasting my time.

When do we chant? Muhammed never required us to dress like him, show me where?

Nope, there are no christians named jesus, moses, abraham, nope.

Indeed, i was lucky enough to be born into the religion of jesus, moses and abraham, insha-allah you will cease worshipping the anti-christ and join me in worship of the one god, there is no god but god.

Jesus never claimed to be god and even according to the bible, the anti-christ is who claims to be god, regocnise who you're following.
(edited 12 years ago)
Wow, lots of very angry people in this thread considering the OP was a story about people of different faiths showing solidarity over a murder case. I swear even the remotest reference to Islam is enough to get TSR riled up.
Original post by Elipsis
x

Are you a Christian?

People in the rest of the thread had said that Muslim women couldn't really wear one pieces etc to swim. I was just saying that there was a health club in Dubai in which they could because it's an only female health club :smile:
Original post by translucent
I think you'll find it's a burqini, and it's not a play on words on my part.

Do you see those women diving? they're strolling on the beach...

regardless, why is the fat arab guy on the left allowed to wear beach shorts and muslim women a full "burqini" to walk on the beach?

I would guess that they would not be able to swim comfitabley in that get-up, which is effectively my point.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 96
Original post by Elipsis
He almost certainly is the product of incest, and will almost certainly marry a cousin, given that the majority of Muslims in this country do... You would think we'd have an awesome olympic swim team with all the webbed feet about now, but instead we just have hospital wards filled with children with rare and cripling genetic disorders.

True. The apologists here will always make endless excuses for this aswell.

I've seen them pushed to the pitiful edge during debate, they literally are in the corner and have no way out, they have lost the argument but they still will not say 'Ok, I agree, I was wrong...' etc.

They will bring about some absoloutely laughably feeble excuse to condone any sort of Quranic/Muslim etc behaviour.

Personal insults is also a favourite when they have been ruined in debate.
Original post by Awesome_Sauce
People in the rest of the thread had said that Muslim women couldn't really wear one pieces etc to swim. I was just saying that there was a health club in Dubai in which they could because it's an only female health club :smile:

swimming is not prohibited in islam - women swimming in the sea is restricted becuase they have to cover up head to foot
My type obviously doesnt give it away for free or they wouldnt be charging for it...isnt that obvious?

My best friend is a nursery nurse and has had 3 STIs and has given it out for free many more times than I have.

'Morals' don't come with profession my friend.

Anyway, whats immoral about using paper to wipe your backside when there is nothing else? What about the alternative? Ewww.

You're an exception, well done.

Indeed, you were smart enough to charge. well done, I'm sure mithra would be proud.

Indeed, your morals are questionable, thanks to mithra.
swimming is not prohibited in islam - women swimming in the sea is restricted becuase they have to cover up head to foot

They could wear burqinis. Nigella wore it once. I know Islam doesn't ban swimming. Maybe I'm not making my point clear enough

Latest

Trending

Trending