Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

How much is your car insurance? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm 20, nearly 21. Passed about 5 months a go.

Drive a Golf 1.4 and costs me £212 a month. :eek:

That's by far the cheapest I can find with Quinn Direct. Other companies were quoting at least double that.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same position you're in. :cry2: damn, costs far too much to drive!

ReputationRep:
    18 cheapest I can get is around £11,000 for Nissan Micra. Don't really bother driving. Life is hard :/ well to get a reasonable quote is hard!

ReputationRep:
    Also the most I've been quoted was with endsleigh which was £23,458.38 and I got kind of excited when I saw the monthly payments of £2000 something thinking that was my annual premium which then gave me a heart attack to find out it was my monthly payments

ReputationRep:
    mine is Quinn Direct- £3000 for the year. They were the cheapest I could find also, the car is a - Peugeot 207 1.4 2010

ReputationRep:
    20, 21 in June.
    Passed in November.
    Costs me £260PM for a 1.2 Fiat Punto.

ReputationRep:
    £92 a month. Co-op Young drivers. Passed test 5 months ago.

I thought mine was expensive. Jeez.

Sucks to be you guys.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  IMG_0583[1].PNG
Views: 2347
Size:  91.9 KB Just to prove I'm not trolling!

ReputationRep:
    My insurance is due for renewal in a few days, when I saw two people on here with Quinn, I quickly tried to run a quote only to find they won't even give me one.

Renewal will be 3k+ didn't come down at all since last year.

ReputationRep:
    About £700 a year for a Fiesta, surprisingly, not much more for cars significantly more powerful. I imagine it's helped from my postcode more than anything else, although I do have 3 years no-claims.

ReputationRep:
    1.4 Astra 06 reg. £2200 named driver

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    £92 a month. Co-op Young drivers. Passed test 5 months ago.

I thought mine was expensive. Jeez.

Sucks to be you guys.
    Coop insurance is crap though - they monitor your driving 24/7. They quoted
    me the cheapest but I paid more for Admiral because there terms were reasonable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drummer)
    1.4 Astra 06 reg. £2200 named driver
    That's because it's a Vauxhall. It's cheaper for me to get insurance on an M5 than some Vauxhalls for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    £120 a month for me without no claims bonus. I thought mines was dear before seeing this thread!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noble.)
    That's because it's a Vauxhall. It's cheaper for me to get insurance on an M5 than some Vauxhalls for some reason.
    Really? :O

Can you give specific car models such as which year M5 or which Vauxhall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noble.)
    Regardless, I was 18 when I got that done last October. An old Clio that's been ragged was quoted £1600 named. Maybe I'll try to punch in the details of an M5 to see what I get.

ReputationRep:
    The post office is good for insurance! I passed my test just over a month ago and to add me onto my mum's insurance was only £180..pretty reasonable I think!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AquaDrops)
    The post office is good for insurance! I passed my test just over a month ago and to add me onto my mum's insurance was only £180..pretty reasonable I think!
    You're lucky lol, they wouldn't give me a quote at all, despite us receiving a letter saying 10% off.

ReputationRep:
    Got a quote of about £210 per month with Aviva, theyre the cheapest ive managed to find so far, would suggest trying them; I was advised to by a friend who found them cheap too but another said they were ridiculously expensive, which isnt too bad considering I dont have any no claims or anything and wont have had my licence for a month.
    Thats on a 1.4 Ford Focus too.

ReputationRep:
    You guys so expensive?! :O im 18 and mine is £1600 for a 1.4 golf 3rd party f+t and I am on my mums 2.0 turbo diesel merc which is £1800 fully comp for 9 months. This is with admiral

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.