The Student Room Group

Girls, what do you think of the Glaswegian accent?

What do you think of a Glaswegian accent on a guy? Nothing neddy/chavvy, and one which you can understand everything being said (it is possible :P)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
double post
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
As I come from Edinburgh it's always funny to hear someone with a Glaswegian accent because it sounds so different! Although if it's like what you say and not neddy/chavvy, then I don't mind it! :smile:
I think it's handsome :colondollar:
Reply 4
Original post by Nfergs
As I come from Edinburgh it's always funny to hear someone with a Glaswegian accent because it sounds so different! Although if it's like what you say and not neddy/chavvy, then I don't mind it! :smile:

Before going to Uni I didn't know anyone from Edinburgh, but its now that I realise that our accents are very very different! I like the Edinburgh accent, though.
How could I not love the Glaswegian accent ? :smile: Not that I'm biased or anything since I don't actually live in Glasgow..I'm from Renfrewshire. The really rough neddy accent "awright man gonnae gie us bottle a buckie" is horrible though!!

The Glaswegian accent sounds so much better on guys than girls imo, especially when you hear them on tv. :p:
Reply 6
Original post by ScottishShortiex
The Glaswegian accent sounds so much better on guys than girls imo, especially when you hear them on tv. :p:

:yep: I agree, men with a Glaswegian accent always makes them sound that little bit more manly, especially if it's sort of a deep/rough but not chavvy voice. And yeah, with women they either sound like a man or as if they are putting on a fake accent.
Original post by Nfergs
:yep: I agree, men with a Glaswegian accent always makes them sound that little bit more manly, especially if it's sort of a deep/rough but not chavvy voice. And yeah, with women they either sound like a man or as if they are putting on a fake accent.

It actually makes me cringe when I hear girls on tv with a Glaswegian accent and think I must sound a bit like that! Even worse when the Spanish hotel staff were impersonating my accent. :colondollar:
My family are all from Glasgow so I love it :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest