The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I've been feeling this way since christmas i think its 2006 its been A CRAP YEAR
Reply 21
Ariadne
I'm soooooooo ready for the 8th July - leaving school is going to be the best feeling imaginable. I want to meet new people and go somewhere that isn't Andover or London! Meh... I'm already counting down the days...

Counting down the days will drag it out. Dont think about it and it'll go quicker.
Reply 22
Go buy some prozac
Anonymous
I'm in my last year at school, and recently I've just lost all interest in absolutely everything. I used to enjoy the subjects I take and find them really interesting, but now I feel just completely indifferent. I wander around half-asleep, just going to classes, chatting, eating and generally functioning on auto-pilot - I can't get worked up about anything any more, whether positive or negative. There's been a huge scandal in my school recently, and I've felt completely out on a limb and dispassionate about the whole thing, whereas in the past I would be as shocked and gossipy as anyone else.

I've got to the stage where the thing in my life I look forward to the most is going to bed at the end of the day, where I can just black out and forget about existence. The best is when I dream, as it's interesting and new. Everything around me in reality has been just the same since five years ago, when I first started at my current school - the same teachers are telling me off or returning homework to me as the day that I arrived, the same friends are teasing and chatting to me, the same enemies try to wind me up, the same school appears in front of me when I go to classes every day. Nothing ever changes, and I just feel as though every day passes just the same as the day before, and I know that tomorrow too will be identical to today.

I've even lost interest in guys or in going out with friends at weekends, which used to be the driving force in my life. Nowadays, the prospect of seeing the same people and going through the same routines just bores me - I've become completely apathetic about it. Two of my friends have recently started going out with new boyfriends, and I would normally either feel really happy for them or jealous, but I just can't work myself up to feel anything.

It's completely as though I'm dead on the inside - I have no energy for anything. I constantly feel as though I'm on the brink of tears, but I can never quite cry, which I hate, as at least then I could maybe get rid of this emptiness. None of my friends appear to feel the same way, and I don't know how to talk to them about it - it's too complex and I know that they would never just sit and let me explain all of this - it's always the other way around and I'm the shoulder for them to cry on. The worst bit is that I've started seriously comfort eating, and now I just can't get the willpower to stop, which I really need to, as I've put on almost a stone and a half in about 6 weeks.

I'm sorry about the really long post, but I was wondering if anyone has ever felt the same way, or can give me advice on what to do?

i'm in S6 as well and this is also my last year in school. I used to feel like this as well so u r not alone. When i felt like this I told my ex that i dun see the point of living and that scares the hell of him.:biggrin: but after a while i decided to put more effort in my studies so that i can get good results. I don't really know why my motivations can come and ge so easily. Now i keep telling myself that "we can only live once, and why don't i make everyday count?". Maybe you can try to understand this statement and work it out.

ps these r just my ideas, not sure if that will help you or not.
You need ambition. You need to set yourself a goal in something and anything. Something that you would continuely strive to keep you busy. Maybe working to get certain target grades in subjects? A Marathon to raise money for a charity? Just as long as it's something that would keep your mind off boredom! Or maybe your looking for meaning in life...
digitalparadox
You need ambition. You need to set yourself a goal in something and anything. Something that you would continuely strive to keep you busy. Maybe working to get certain target grades in subjects? A Marathon to raise money for a charity? Just as long as it's something that would keep your mind off boredom! Or maybe your looking for meaning in life...

very wise:adore:
Ariadne
I know EXACTLY how you feel.

:ditto:

Can honestly say this year has been the worst of my school career. I care so much about getting good grades but not about doing the work. I used to be a great student. Now school's making me so sad. :frown: We'll get through it together.

xxxx
CrispyDuck
:ditto:

Can honestly say this year has been the worst of my school career. I care so much about getting good grades but not about doing the work. I used to be a great student. Now school's making me so sad. :frown: We'll get through it together.

xxxx

Could I be cheeky and ask for your support too? Of course, I'm here for you too!
Reply 28
I've felt like that since the start of sixth form TBH, but this year things have got much worse. I worked my ass off to get great GCSE grades and then messed everything up in my 1st year of sixth form. Now this year is just about struggling through to the end. I'm sure that once study leave starts I will find myself motivated again though due to really wanting to get to Uni. Its just that lessons seem so pointless at the moment.
Reply 29
The Mudman
Could I be cheeky and ask for your support too? Of course, I'm here for you too!

Lol... someone should start a 'Sixth Formers In Need Of Support Society'... I think this thread shows there's a hell of a lot of us who need it!:redface:
Reply 30
this week i didnt go to college 3 days. just stayed at home because i knew it would involve just droning arround for a few hours and coming back to this same spot.

god i cant wait till college is over, i get the **** out of here and break the ****ing routine!! (no offence, tsr)
Reply 31
i feel exactly the same...i got to sixth form and im in year 13. im so sick of it now, since the new year i have hated it so much. i am counting down the days until i leave school on may 26th, so long buti cant wait until its over. i am sick of my friends and seeing and doing the same things everyday. i have now even started to miss school regularly because i hate going in...i guess i just gotta think that it all will be over soon
I felt/feel the same way.

All I can say is try not to get too down and A Levels aren't the be-all and end all. I'm at uni but failing/dropping out this year. I'm going to get a job and concentrate on writing. Maybe re-apply and do an English course instead of the bull faeces I'm on now.

Chin up, and good luck:

"Something better will come, when you try"
Reply 33
6th form was horrible for me too. i was bored, i found it uninteresting and i was always tired. i ended up going to school only four days at out of 5. dont worry time flies..when this year finishes it ll be ok
The Mudman

Lol of course you can :smile: xxxx
Reply 35
Go buy some prozac

as if you could just go and buy some..
Reply 36
digitalparadox
You need ambition. You need to set yourself a goal in something and anything. Something that you would continuely strive to keep you busy. Maybe working to get certain target grades in subjects? A Marathon to raise money for a charity? Just as long as it's something that would keep your mind off boredom! Or maybe your looking for meaning in
life...

I totally agree. I'm also in last year of sixth form and i've been feelin totally lost and unmotivated since before january exams, but i is setting myself challenges in my subjects and life (eg choosing hard chemistry coursework, givin up chocolate for lent). Try doing something to keep you busy. Also i would suggest talking to a friend. they'll probably be able to help.
I reckon we've all out grown school and its time for the next big adventure. :wink:
UnfinishedSympathy
I feel TOTALLY like this! Can't wait to get to uni, I think I've outgrown sixth form. I like my friends, but I'm sort of sick of them at the same time! I think I need more intellectual stimulation, I know that sounds like I'm too great for sixth form, but I want to do my History degree and get really into it. I don't like the structure of A - Levels sometimes....too superficial, working for the exam, not because It's interesting.

I think as somebody mentioned, I've come to the end of this part of my life...and want to be more adult and independent. What's more, I feel I want to demonstrate my individuality more, but I'm labelled at my sixth form. Make a fresh start, I'm counting down the months!

However, I do have some really great days, So, that can get slightly samey. :biggrin: :p: Oh well...pastures new!

I know exactly what you guys mean, since moving to this new school it wasnt what i expected, all my old friends stayed the same immature kids we were before they left in year 9 and ive gotten past all the bitching and in fighting we used to have and im a different person now. Im excited about reading for my degree as cultures and history are my main passions, well psych too, but maybe not so much after the a-level! I cant wait forsummer, i just want it to be perfect, theres so much some of us are planning to do as im officially moving from my home - im leaving where i am now (ive lived bere 15 yrs, born in scotland!) to go back to scotland for real! agh!

All i want is for my a-levels to be over now and go to uni, im really looking forward to meeting new people, my current friends are obsessed over really immature things like cheeking chavs, playing pokemon and being wasters and i cant relate to them anymore, which is sad as ive only got my boyfriend and a couple of good mates in school now.

But at the same time im kind of scared uni wont be all ive cracked it up to be, like what happened with college, these past two years messed up my confidence so im worrying about meeting new people. Anyone else get this? Its so confusing!

these post are actually quite depressing, we all need to smile :biggrin: were leaving onto pastures new!
Isn't it weird how upper sixth are like, unanimous in this?

I'm home, again, it's a waste of money me going to school. I'm hardly ever there, I'd rather meet my friends in town for some lunch etc. I don't go to my lessons, I don't have the enthusiasm to be there, it's boring, it's repressive and it's just something I don't want to be doing at 'my age'. I feel so ready to move on and away from everything I associate with school. My school life has been so miserable in the sixth form; I haven't enjoyed it at all - my four best friends left my school and I so wish I'd gone with them, or just gone somewhere else. ah well!

Ah well, my gap year and then uni. I'm clinging onto that and spending as much time at home as poss!!
Reply 39
yeah I had the same problem. I think that you need to go on holiday. I just got back from one in the moutains and my God I feel fresh. I'm revived and feel like a new person.

Latest

Trending

Trending