Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

Specialising in Media but it is always linked with English? Watch

    • Thread Starter


    I am currently just finishing my first year at University; I am studying Media and Cultural Studies.

    Once I have finished my degree (I know it’s only 2 years but I am well aware it will go super fast!), I would like to do a teaching training course.

    My dream is to study Media Studies in secondary schools or colleges.

    The problem is, Any postgraduate teacher training course I look at on the internet puts Media with English!

    I have dyslexia and dyspraxia and there is no way on earth I could teach English but Media is my passion and it’s my dream to become a teacher and teach my passion!

    If anyone has any solutions or ideas, it would be great to read!

    I just googled 'media pgce' and found these:
How are you feeling about Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.