Turn on thread page Beta

We're about to move into a new house, theres alot of work going on atm. I was there today and I heard a cat meowing, I traced the sound to the floor! We pulled up a couple of floorboards, as some are sealed, and underneath all the insulation and netting there it was. It looked so scared, Im a guy and I was getting emotional seeing it! We cut some of the netting, but it ran away. So its still underneath, we're hoping it will come out tonight or I fear it may die there. Its only a lil one aswell, probably a kitten. I think we might have to call the RSPCA

ReputationRep:
    Awww bless its heart!

How random...

(Original post by leona)
    Awww bless its heart!

How random...
    Yeah I know its random, but its so sad I had to share!

ReputationRep:
    I'd call the RSPCA if I were you.

ReputationRep:
    omg poor wee thing. call rspca asap!!! Seriously!

ReputationRep:
    How did it get there!

ReputationRep:
    any news? you found it yet?? wish I had a kitten.....
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    put some water down for it and if you've got any a tiny tiny bit of food....but definitely some water the poor thing'll be dehydrated

ReputationRep:
    drop a mouse down the hole....maybe it'll follow it out the way it got in....

Im trying to call the RSPCA but its busy.
    I was double minded about putting food there, as if it does get it out it will keep coming back looking for food so it may get stuck there again as the work will be going on for quite some time. However, I thought better, and left some milk there, didnt rly have any catfood or anything. Im at home now, but when we go tomorrow morning, we'll see what happens.

As theres work going on, it probs came in and snuck underneath, but some of the gaps have since been sealed. So i dunno how its gna get out by itself

ReputationRep:
    Awww, poor little kitty. As someone said previously, put a bit of food and water down there so it has the chance to stay alive.

In fact, you could try opening a can of tuna, or something else quite tasty to a feline, and leaving it at the hole, and you might be able to lure the thing within reach. That's what I usually do when one of our cats manages to find her way into the drop-ceiling in our basement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firebird)
    Calm down love, small animals have a habit of finding their way into places like that.

Why not leave the floorboards open and put some food out for it? It won't stay under there unless there's a source of food (rats perhaps).
    So the owners just 'forgot' about it. Just as bad!

ReputationRep:
    umm, what about leaving the floor boards open with food and water just near it so the cat can smell it and hopefully come out for it.

(Original post by Sithius)
    Who the **** would put a cat under the floorboards.

Mother ****ing stupid *****. I ****ing hate people like this

Erm, can I just say that it isnt my cat, dont know whos it is, it was just stuck there!

Anyways, I think its escaped as we couldnt hear or see it today, either that or its dead, which i rly hope it isnt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uzi123)
    Anyways, I think its escaped as we couldnt hear or see it today, either that or its dead, which i rly hope it isnt.
    I hope it's not either.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.